Contribute
Register

Need Kext Education at Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to run MultiBeast on your GA-H270-DS3H system. That will install Clover for you. Then you need to check the EFI folder on the GA-H270-DS3H's boot drive to see if EmuVariableUefi-64 is installed. If not, install it.

You need to run MultiBeast on your GA-H270-DS3H system. That will install Clover for you. Then you need to check the EFI folder on the GA-H270-DS3H's boot drive to see if EmuVariableUefi-64 is installed. If not, install it.

I find myself in a bit of a conundrum. Since running Multibeast, I can only boot into Safe Mode....but while in safe mode I cannot mount the EFI using Clover. I can restore my backup which is pre-multibeast but then I will have a vacant EFI directory.

Great thanks again Chef! I did not see it in the directory on my USB drive. I will installed the EFI mounter on the Hackintosh and look in there; I will do this tonight. I am assuming I can run Clover Configuration of the new Hackintosh now, which I can still boot in Safe Mode. Or do I rerun this on the install USB drive on my laptop and reinstall on the new hackintosh?

I also see the HFSPlus UEFI that @VioletDragon mentioned to me twice now. I was getting ready to ask where to find that and how to install.

HFSPlus can be downloaded from my Fork. Install to drivers64UEFI. HFSPlus.efi

If the Clover settings that MultiBeast made for you doesn't work, you should be able to boot using the USB installer. Then you can try running MultiBeast again.

If the Clover settings that MultiBeast made for you doesn't work, you should be able to boot using the USB installer. Then you can try running MultiBeast again.

No, it's still rebooting regardless of the boot disk (USB or SSD) as long as I select the internal HFS partition. Definitely a frustrating loop! MultiBeast will not work in Safe Mode it appears, I guess because of not being able to mount the EFI partition in safe mode.

So I booted into the USB drive and performed a Time Machine Recovery to pre-MultiBeast and I seem to be getting to about 99.99% progress and then hanging - no reboot.

My build has several hard drives as one of its functions will be a RAID NAS for the house. I may temporarily do a clean non-bootable install on another disk so that I can get in and perform work on the SSD version.

Ok, another night with no progress. I had to perform a new install in order to get to the EFI mount. I reinstalled everything and I cannot load the EmuVariableUefi-64 or HFSPlus drivers using Clover because the new computer is not yet on the network. I have the files on the USB drive but I am assuming it is not just a matter of copying the files over. Looks like a reboot is needed to initialize the network adapter but a reboot seems futile knowing the system will not load.

• You need an EFI mounter like EFI mounter V3 or better still Clover Configurator Vibrant and the 2 drivers you want to install carried in the USB Flash drive from the system you are posting this message to the problem Computer.
  • Mount the EFI Partition of that System disk on the desktop using the carried CCV pasted on the desktop and launched.
  • THE EFI partition is now on the Desktop as a grey EFI icon similar in color to the system disk
  • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER
  • Open CLOVER>drivers64UEFI folder.
    • Copy and paste the two drivers , EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi inside the opened drivers64UEFI folder
That's all to it.

• You need an EFI mounter like EFI mounter V3 or better still Clover Configurator Vibrant and the 2 drivers you want to install carried in the USB Flash drive from the system you are posting this message to the problem Computer.
  • Mount the EFI Partition of that System disk on the desktop using the carried CCV pasted on the desktop and launched.
  • THE EFI partition is now on the Desktop as a grey EFI icon similar in color to the system disk
  • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER
  • Open CLOVER>drivers64UEFI folder.
    • Copy and paste the two drivers , EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi inside the opened dfrivers64UEFI folder
That's all to it.

I have clover configurator and the two drivers. But this does not work in safe mode as I cannot mount the EFI in safe mode and thats the issue I raised above. Each time I run multbeast, the machine will only boot in safe mode. Anything else is an instant reboot at the 60% mark. If all I have to do is copy the drivers over and no modifications are needed to any config files, then I can do that next time I do a reinstall. Not having network on the machine is really dragging this out.

I have clover configurator and the two drivers. But this does not work in safe mode as I cannot mount the EFI in safe mode and thats the issue I raised above. Each time I run multbeast, the machine will only boot in safe mode. Anything else is an instant reboot at the 60% mark. If all I have to do is copy the drivers over and no modifications are needed to any config files, then I can do that next time I do a reinstall. Not having network on the machine is really dragging this out.
I stand corrected as I was unaware you could only boot in Safe Mode!
Not having read the whole post from the beginning, it is hard to know what exactly is happening.

Can you boot the system with USB Installer that has these files in its CLOVER folder supporting the current System disk that has not been fully configured yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back