CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have my build up and running but it is not yet bootable and I have not run Multi-Beast yet. I have assembled a list of kexts I think I need but I have some other questions I could used some help with.

System is GA-H270M-DS3H with i7-7700 Kaby Lake and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060.

Here is the current Multi-Beast Settings I have in place:
  • Clover 2.4 r4173 UEFI
  • Misc Drivers: FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
  • Audio Drivers: Realtek ALC 887/888
  • Disk Drivers: Intel Generic AHCI SATA
  • Network Drivers: Realtek RTL 8111 v2.2.1
  • USB Drivers: GenericUSB XHCI
  • USB Drivers: Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
  • Graphics: Nvidia Web Drivers Boot Flag
  • Graphics: Nvidia Graphic Fixup

Here are my question:
  1. Do I need (or want) the FakeSMC Plugins?
  2. Do I also need the Audio 100/200 Series Kext?
  3. What special instructions do I need to follow to incorporate Audio over HDMI?
  4. I am reading there may still be issues with USB and I may need to include a USB Inject All kext?
  5. I have read that for Gigabyte Boards, I may need to backdate my Lilu Kext to v1.0.0...
  6. Do I need the Shiki Kext?
  7. I came across a forum thread stating I need to modify the ACPI Fix Shutdown 004 in the Config Plist but I don't see that discussed on here...
I have also crossed several threads stating the Nvidia graphics card kexts will still caused rebooting, which I had prior to starting over, and the fix seems to be quite involved. Does the settings in MultiBeast above mitigate this? Is there anything I can do before Multibeast to prevent that?

Thanks,
Chris

1. Yes, hackintoshes will always need FakeSMC.
2. Yes, if you want your on-board audio to work.
3. I don't know. I have not tried to implement audio over HDMI on my Kaby Lake system.
4. Yes, you need USBInjectAll.kext. (You will also need the 15 port limit fix)
5. I don't know. I don't have any experience with Gigabyte motherboards.
6. You only need Shiki.kext if you want to attempt to fix the ability to play DRM videos in iTunes.
7. You only need FixShutdown_0004 if your system doesn't stay off when you try to shut down.

Also, you don't need Generic AHCI SATA or GenericUSB XHCI. Depending on version of macOS you want to run and which system definition you use, you may or may not need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

I don't know what rebooting issues you read about with Nvidia graphics cards. I am using Nvidia graphics cards on two systems and they have never caused rebooting for me.

1. Yes, hackintoshes will always need FakeSMC.
2. Yes, if you want your on-board audio to work.
3. I don't know. I have not tried to implement audio over HDMI on my Kaby Lake system.
4. Yes, you need USBInjectAll.kext. (You will also need the 15 port limit fix)
5. I don't know. I don't have any experience with Gigabyte motherboards.
6. You only need Shiki.kext if you want to attempt to fix the ability to play DRM videos in iTunes.
7. You only need FixShutdown_0004 if your system doesn't stay off when you try to shut down.

Also, you don't need Generic AHCI SATA or GenericUSB XHCI. Depending on version of macOS you want to run and which system definition you use, you may or may not need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

I don't know what rebooting issues you read about with Nvidia graphics cards. I am using Nvidia graphics cards on two systems and they have never caused rebooting for me.

My target is MacOS High Sierra, asked about system definition in prior post.

Thanks!

I think that either should be fine. I used iMac18,3 on my Kaby Lake system.

With iMac18,x and High Sierra, you won't need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

Thanks.

I attempted to install the Nvidia web drivers version 378.10.10.10.15.121 and received the comment that the installation was not successful. I have the GTX 1060. How did you go about yours?

I made the selections as per above and I am getting kernel panic. I have loaded in verbose mode and flagged to not reboot at panic. No idea what I am looking at in all honesty and will need someone to walk me through the debugging. The offending item does not stand out to the untrained eye. How can I go about obtaining and providing a log for assistance?

My attempt at booting in Safe Mode was successful for what that is worth ;)

Best thing to do would be to boot in verbose mode and take a picture of where it freezes. Then, post in the High Sierra Desktop Support sub-forum.

In regards to the Nvidia web drivers, the only error I ever encountered is the following one. When the pop up appeared, I just clicked "continue" and the drivers installed fine.
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 5.03.20 PM.png

Check in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. It should be there.

If it's not, you can install it using Clover Configurator or the Clover boot loader installer.
Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.15.28 AM.png

Great thanks again Chef! I did not see it in the directory on my USB drive. I will installed the EFI mounter on the Hackintosh and look in there; I will do this tonight. I am assuming I can run Clover Configuration of the new Hackintosh now, which I can still boot in Safe Mode. Or do I rerun this on the install USB drive on my laptop and reinstall on the new hackintosh?

I also see the HFSPlus UEFI that @VioletDragon mentioned to me twice now. I was getting ready to ask where to find that and how to install.

Check in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. It should be there.

If it's not, you can install it using Clover Configurator or the Clover boot loader installer.
View attachment 288883

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back