Contribute
Register

Need help with multi beast settings! Almost there! HELP NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the current NUC guide works flawlessly so you should be good to go with that. I do suggest you read up about the possible audio issues though. Not major and of no concern at all if you use HDMI audio or DP audio, but still worth checking out.

I will look into the audio, and I know you're documentation on your build is excellent, so I don't foresee difficulty there. I definitely need to brush up on operating in terminal.

I've learned a quite a bit about trouble shooting with this build. Your tip on watching the console was huge. I was able to understand more once I started using it to catch errors and search for explanations/solutions.

I will look into the audio, and I know you're documentation on your build is excellent, so I don't foresee difficulty there. I definitely need to brush up on operating in terminal.

I've learned a quite a bit about trouble shooting with this build. Your tip on watching the console was huge. I was able to understand more once I started using it to catch errors and search for explanations/solutions.

In the current version, I removed as much as possible command line work from the requirements. What bits you still have to do are very well documented I think. Just make sure you follow them to the letter; take your time and double check before entering the commands.

:thumbup:

WonkeyDonkey Hello, first thank you for your contributions, Mavericks have allowed me to install on my computer.

I detail my system specifications:

System: OSX 10.9.4 Mavericks
System Definition: MacPro 6,1
BIOS: 1.90 patched
Processor: i7 4770k (all cores and cache Overclock to 4Ghz on bios)
Motherboard: Asrock Extreme4 Z87M
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX780 3GB ACX SC (Using Nvidia drivers website)

After read my entire thread I left the computer quite well, at least I think so.

Not sure if it's right, I've taken the DSDT.aml you prepared for MrCkris, it has worked very well and the audio works correctly showing all outputs in the system configuration. I currently use Optical SPDIF works smoothly.

Have I done the right thing? or should I create a specific DSDT for my system?

On the other hand I see that you speak of generating SSDT file for correct operation of the processor, but now I see this working well, ranging from 800Mhz and 3500MHz reaching 4Ghz when necessary, for example when running Geekbench 64bit in which get a score 16,150 points. May temperatures are somewhat higher than in Windows 8.1, do not know if this is normal.

Finally, and this is what I'm most worried about the sleep function does not work for me and it is essential for me, I see the file you need to edit FakeSMC but I have no idea how.

I give thank you very much in advance and hope you can help me, I have attached files that might be useful.

I used a translator to write this thread because although I understand the English I do not write, I hope all is well.

boot.jpgInfo.jpg

WonkeyDonkey Hello, first thank you for your contributions, Mavericks have allowed me to install on my computer.

I detail my system specifications:

System: OSX 10.9.4 Mavericks
System Definition: MacPro 6,1
BIOS: 1.90 patched
Processor: i7 4770k (all cores and cache Overclock to 4Ghz on bios)
Motherboard: Asrock Extreme4 Z87M
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX780 3GB ACX SC (Using Nvidia drivers website)

After read my entire thread I left the computer quite well, at least I think so.

Not sure if it's right, I've taken the DSDT.aml you prepared for MrCkris, it has worked very well and the audio works correctly showing all outputs in the system configuration. I currently use Optical SPDIF works smoothly.

Have I done the right thing? or should I create a specific DSDT for my system?

On the other hand I see that you speak of generating SSDT file for correct operation of the processor, but now I see this working well, ranging from 800Mhz and 3500MHz reaching 4Ghz when necessary, for example when running Geekbench 64bit in which get a score 16,150 points. May temperatures are somewhat higher than in Windows 8.1, do not know if this is normal.

Finally, and this is what I'm most worried about the sleep function does not work for me and it is essential for me, I see the file you need to edit FakeSMC but I have no idea how.

I give thank you very much in advance and hope you can help me, I have attached files that might be useful.

I used a translator to write this thread because although I understand the English I do not write, I hope all is well.

View attachment 103072View attachment 103073

You should not use somebody elses DSDT normally, the contents can be different even for the same motherboard. You should compile your own.

You will also want a correctly configured SSDT file, specific to your own CPU. That will help in a few areas.

Dont edit the FakeSMC just yet, you can do that later.

I would also advise against the macpro6,1 definition since that is a different system and cpu. Just because a system is newer doesnt mean it is the most suitable.

I followed the steps in this post I tried to create my own DSDT, but to put it and patch the sound with Multibeast not work me, why I chose to download the version you prepared for MrCkris, could you do me the amendments to the sound if I draw my own DSDT? or at least tell me how to do?

I will install one SSDT after completing the tasks with the DSDT, it seems easier to create and modify the DSDT, then try to solve the issue of FakeSMC.

Following your recommendations I changed my identification system to Imac14,2 . At first I put Macpro 6.1 because it's the only one I found in the I worked full graphics acceleration for my graphics card but Imac14,2 works fine.

Can I directly extract the DSDT? Or should I remove the first of MrCkris

Thanks in advance.

I followed the steps in this post I tried to create my own DSDT, but to put it and patch the sound with Multibeast not work me, why I chose to download the version you prepared for MrCkris, could you do me the amendments to the sound if I draw my own DSDT? or at least tell me how to do?

I will install one SSDT after completing the tasks with the DSDT, it seems easier to create and modify the DSDT, then try to solve the issue of FakeSMC.

Following your recommendations I changed my identification system to Imac14,2 . At first I put Macpro 6.1 because it's the only one I found in the I worked full graphics acceleration for my graphics card but Imac14,2 works fine.

Can I directly extract the DSDT? Or should I remove the first of MrCkris

Thanks in advance.

You can extract using MacIASL. Have a search for it in the forums.

Ok, thanks for your time

I have followed all the steps to edit the FakeSMC. The sleep does not work for me, is there any way to make it work?

I didn't work on sleep on this board since it was not required.

What have you done so far to try and enable it ?

Also as mentioned previously, you shouldn't really mess about with FakeSMC at this stage. Get the other stuff working first. An edited FakeSMC will not help you get sleep working.

I have searched unsuccessfully for a sleepenabler.ketx. I only found one for osx 10.8 I tried, but obviously it did not work.

I searched patches for the "DSDT", but there is very little information for this motherboard. Anyway I've tried to apply patches using MaciASL but I find it very difficult. Each time you apply a new patch syntax errors are generated. Therefore I am currently using the DSDT of MrCkris which works well for me.

I have also tried to use darkwake = 1, 0, 10 ... no results.

Currently the computer works fine, just loses sleep and I can not use "UseKernelCache = yes" when using the system hangs after 2 days of use.

Just looking for guidance to know where I have to shoot, I've been reading about clover and I think it might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back