Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4771
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Here's a verbose screen shot. My rig is in my signature. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 58
So I went away, letting Mail load messages as this was an initial install of 10.10.3 When I came back my old nemesis, won't wake from sleep, had returned. Thought Yosemite would have fixed the Power States issue but apparently not. Hard restarted it and now, after the Chimera screen, it goes to black and then restarts, an endless slow cycle. Did Verbose and it stopped briefly before entering the black screen and restarting:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    820.9 KB · Views: 56
So I went away, letting Mail load messages as this was an initial install of 10.10.3 When I came back my old nemesis, won't wake from sleep, had returned. Thought Yosemite would have fixed the Power States issue but apparently not. Hard restarted it and now, after the Chimera screen, it goes to black and then restarts, an endless slow cycle. Did Verbose and it stopped briefly before entering the black screen and restarting:

Try safe mode booting and booting without caches.

KP on the first post is a deadbeef error, use flags "-no-zp -f".

Also, none of my other boot devices will show up in Chimera.

the last line of Verbose:

[hd(0.2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1301866 bytes.

then black screen, then auto restart.

So I found this on the Web - OSXdaily.com:

[h=3]First, Reset the System Management Controller to Fix the Black Display on Boot[/h]The first thing you’ll want to do resolve nearly every power related issue on a Mac is to reset the SMC, or [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]System [FONT=inherit !important]Management[/FONT][/FONT] Controller. This will dump and reset settings for anything [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]power [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]management[/FONT][/FONT] related, and is long known to resolve problems with things like fans, heat, sleeping problems, and of course, display issues.[/FONT]
On any modern MacBook Pro or MacBook Air with a built-in battery, which is just a bout all of them nowadays, this is how you do that:

1. Shut down the Mac and connect it to your MagSafe adapter and a wall outlet as usual
  2. Hold down the Shift+Control+Option+[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Power [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]button[/FONT][/FONT] at the same time for a few seconds
  3. Release all keys at the same time, then boot the Mac as usual
Older Macs can find directions here for the same process on their machines, it’s slightly different if you can take out the battery.
Did this without my primary internal startup disk installed and all the other boot devices showed up. Shut down, plug in the primary drive and restarted. Got this KP:

Last KP 4-14-15 4-10 IMG_4791.jpg

So I performed the above procedure again and presto, it booted fine. But time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back