Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi fellows hackintoshers,

I followed the @RehabMan guide and I have to say thanks for all the work which have been done.

Now I'm to the point where the laptop is well set just the HDMI output is not working.

When I plug HDMI cable laptop switched on its instant reboot.
When I plug before to switch on nothing is happening till I unplug which trigger a reboot again.

There is some occasional reboot too with no reason a few times. CPU management maybe ?

Can someone help me please ?

edit : joined the gen_debug zip, I have a look into it and in the kernel panics logs looks like the Nvidia discrete GPU have something to do with it. I keep digging.

If someone have an idea of how to resolve this issue please let me know.

Cheers

Edit : Problem solved

Last edited:
I checked the patches in the config.plist for HD 620 made available by @RehabMan, thanks again for these by the way.
We can see HDMI on IGPU#2 in ioreg if I understand correctly. What to do ? It’s driving me nuts

Hello,

Still haven’t find a way to enable HDMI and too much reboots with no apparent reason. I think I’m go to downgrade to Mojave to fix rebooting issues. I haven’t try HDMI in Mojave. I will see.

Thanks again for all the work done from @RehabMan and a lots of other here and elsewhere.

cheers

I thought about something. Can we remove the SSDT-EC.aml after the Catalina install ?

I have seen some patches about EC in the @RehabMan plist.
Can one of those replace the SSDT-EC.aml and might it fix reboot issue ?

About the HDMI output I still get nothing nobody encounter this a config similar to the one I have ?

edit : so yes look like I should patch with config made by @RehabMan and remove SSDT-EC.aml.

I wait some time don't really want to flash again the SSD again and keep Catalina.
If this HDMI and reboot trouble can be solved the install will be so smooth.

Last edited:
I enabled the patches in clover plist for IGPU#1 to #3 as advised by @RehabMan but same result.
It keeps rebooting when plugging or unplugging HDMI.
WTF is wrong ?

Too many frequents reboots too.
Because of Catalina or install ? I don't know.
What I know is there wasn't so much frequent reboot with no apparent reason on Mojave.
Nobody has an idea how to resolve these things ?

After downgrade to Mojave the frequent reboots with no apparent reasons stopped.
Still plugging HDMI make it instant reboot.

Nobody can give me some insight about it ?

After downgrade to Mojave the frequent reboots with no apparent reasons stopped.
Still plugging HDMI make it instant reboot.

Nobody can give me some insight about it ?
hackintool has a fix for instant reboot:

Yes I tried it with Catalina and not working. Hackintool Framebuffer patching go till 10.14 that's why I guess.
Thanks for your reply, I go to try it on Mojave.

hackintool has a fix for instant reboot:

I tried some things with Hackintool and this guide :

But nothing and boot time is so long now I replaced the backup of config then
I know there is something about Framebuffer and connectors.
Some patch are to apply definitely like the pipe count or enable a connector or switch to another...
I just don't know which are the good ones. Whatever I try its same result, just instant or sometimes 1-2sec and reboot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back