CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All. I have an OEM Dell OptiPlex 7010 Desktop. The Graphics Card, Motherboard and CPU are all factory. The only thing I have done is taken the 4GB of RAM, and Upgraded it to 10GB. Now I want to do a hackintosh build, and I have OS X Snow Leopard installed, but I want to upgrade to El Capitan, and then to High Sierra. BUT when I boot up in verbose mode to the Unibeast installer, it just goes into a boot loop. I think it may be my motherboard and am looking to by another one that has an LGA 1155 socket, for under $150. I would like it to have wifi, but it is not a must have.

Hello All. I have an OEM Dell OptiPlex 7010 Desktop. The Graphics Card, Motherboard and CPU are all factory. The only thing I have done is taken the 4GB of RAM, and Upgraded it to 10GB. Now I want to do a hackintosh build, and I have OS X Snow Leopard installed, but I want to upgrade to El Capitan, and then to High Sierra. BUT when I boot up in verbose mode to the Unibeast installer, it just goes into a boot loop. I think it may be my motherboard and am looking to by another one that has an LGA 1155 socket, for under $150. I would like it to have wifi, but it is not a must have.

Socket 1155 motherboards were in production 5-6 years ago and had been mostly phased out. It may be difficult for you to find a new 1155 motherboard now. Do you mind second hand ones?

And what is the graphics card you are using? Boot problems may also be related to graphics cards.

My Older Build and Backup Build are based on second hand Z68 motherboards (socket 1155) and they work great, running everything from Mountain Lion to El Capitan. I would think I can also run Sierra and High Sierra on them if I want to, although I have not found a reason to since I mainly use my Present Build which runs Sierra now.

Check your config.plist if you built it and installed clover the plist probably has all the default ACPI tables CPU tunings and binaries settings that may need to be edited for your build. can you post a copy of your USB clover config.plist to look at?

If you buy and install an inexpensive Nvidia card like a GT210 or GT710 it will be much easier get to High Sierra. You can do an in place upgrade after you have El Capitan installed or clean install High Sierra. The Dell 7010 works quite easily if you have and I5 Intel CPU and compatible graphics.

Socket 1155 motherboards were in production 5-6 years ago and had been mostly phased out. It may be difficult for you to find a new 1155 motherboard now. Do you mind second hand ones?

And what is the graphics card you are using? Boot problems may also be related to graphics cards.

My Older Build and Backup Build are based on second hand Z68 motherboards (socket 1155) and they work great, running everything from Mountain Lion to El Capitan. I would think I can also run Sierra and High Sierra on them if I want to, although I have not found a reason to since I mainly use my Present Build which runs Sierra now.
No, I would not mind a second hand motherboard as long as it fully works. I have tried booting with the graphics card, and using on board graphics. Neither tried were successful. I do not know the graphics, I just know it came with the PC.

If you buy and install an inexpensive Nvidia card like a GT210 or GT710 it will be much easier get to High Sierra. You can do an in place upgrade after you have El Capitan installed or clean install High Sierra. The Dell 7010 works quite easily if you have and I5 Intel CPU and compatible graphics.
Are you saying that the on board graphics aren’t even compatible?

Check your config.plist if you built it and installed clover the plist probably has all the default ACPI tables CPU tunings and binaries settings that may need to be edited for your build. can you post a copy of your USB clover config.plist to look at?
Where do I find my config.plist file at?

Where do I find my config.plist file at?

Using Snow leopard download Clover Configurator app ( Google it, its free) and update it after install. Using CC mout EFi option should give you the option to mount the unibeast installer EFI Clover partition. Open Clover folder and look for the config.plist, drag it to the desktop. Right Click on the plist and choose Compress. Upload it here.

Are you saying that the on board graphics aren’t even compatible?
Yes, the HD2500 are not at all supported in SL or High Sierra. They had briefly gained support in Mt. Lion days but that was quickly removed by about 10.8.4. So that's why dedicated graphics are needed.

Last edited:
Using Snow leopard download Clover Configurator app ( Google it, its free) and update it after install. Using CC mout EFi option should give you the option to mount the unibeast installer EFI Clover partition. Open Clover folder and look for the config.plist, drag it to the desktop. Right Click on the plist and choose Compress. Upload it here.
So, i tried downloading it from 2 different places, and both times I tried to open it, it said that it was not compatible with OS X 10.6.8 and I needed to have OS X 10.8 to open it. What do I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back