EVGA 770 Classified 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello OSX86 community!

I'm in need of some help. I'm not new to the hackintosh world. I built my first one long ago before this site was even around and built my second awhile back using a guide from this site.

However I've bumped up against the limitations of my hackintosh knowledge.

So here's the scenario:
  1. Been running 10.8.4 flawlessly since installation :D
  2. Decided to update to 10.8.5 today
  3. Carbon Copied my drive to an external drive
  4. Using the App Store Update everything went beautifully
  5. Except audio doesn't work
  6. So I found someone's little update guide with MultiBeast settings for my motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP5 TH) and unfortunately it wasn't correct because:
    1. It had me reselect my DSDT options along with the audio driver
    2. Nothing else was selected
  7. So after it reboots, my boot screen has reverted to the old school chameleon screen (okaaay??)
  8. And after selecting the OSX drive I get an indefinite blank screen
  9. I panic and decide to restore from the backup
  10. Except now when I reboot I get the infamous Boot0 errors:
    1. boot0: GPT
      boot0: test
      boot1: error
  11. Now I commence to pull my hair out! :banghead:

My hope is that there's some way to salvage this without having to do a full install and lose the "pristine" backup installation that I have. Also, FYI I have my main user account stored on a separate drive. But I do have all of my applications, which is quite a bit, on the main drive.

Unfortunately I need this computer back up and running as soon as possible since this is my production machine for work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello OSX86 community!

I'm in need of some help. I'm not new to the hackintosh world. I built my first one long ago before this site was even around and built my second awhile back using a guide from this site.

However I've bumped up against the limitations of my hackintosh knowledge.

So here's the scenario:
  1. Been running 10.8.4 flawlessly since installation :D
  2. Decided to update to 10.8.5 today
  3. Carbon Copied my drive to an external drive
  4. Using the App Store Update everything went beautifully
  5. Except audio doesn't work
  6. So I found someone's little update guide with MultiBeast settings for my motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP5 TH) and unfortunately it wasn't correct because:
    1. It had me reselect my DSDT options along with the audio driver
    2. Nothing else was selected
  7. So after it reboots, my boot screen has reverted to the old school chameleon screen (okaaay??)
  8. And after selecting the OSX drive I get an indefinite blank screen
  9. I panic and decide to restore from the backup
  10. Except now when I reboot I get the infamous Boot0 errors:
    1. boot0: GPT
      boot1: error
  11. Now I commence to pull my hair out! :banghead:

My hope is that there's some way to salvage this without having to do a full install and lose the "pristine" backup installation that I have. Also, FYI I have my main user account stored on a separate drive. But I do have all of my applications, which is quite a bit, on the main drive.

Unfortunately I need this computer back up and running as soon as possible since this is my production machine for work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So follow this boot0 guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
and if you decide to rerun the update only select the audio you need in multibeast and nothing else

Ok, cool. I was kind of already going down that path anyway. I was already prepping my Unibeast drive.

So I know I can use Migrate Assistant to restore general files and applications from my old drive, will that include all the settings I had done through Multibeast?

The reason I ask is because I remember, though not well enough unfortunately, there being several hurdles I had to jump through to get various things working, including my video card, audio, etc. that I can't remember how I did now.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
Ok, cool. I was kind of already going down that path anyway. I was already prepping my Unibeast drive.

So I know I can use Migrate Assistant to restore general files and applications from my old drive, will that include all the settings I had done through Multibeast?

The reason I ask is because I remember, though not well enough unfortunately, there being several hurdles I had to jump through to get various things working, including my video card, audio, etc. that I can't remember how I did now.
If you made a carbon copy clone everything g will be the same it was before but I'm just guessing you did this to an external drive with the 4k sectors format or advanced format drive instead of the older smaller format drives of 512k sectors and this is why you are having the boot0 error once everything is fine from your cloned drive just clone it all back to your normL drive no need to bother with migration assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back