GTX 950
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
**UPDATE**
I fixed my situation and added a new post :) here

Hello everyone,

First of, I wanted to say that I got my hackintosh running fine with no graphics or audio problems. The only thing I still can't fix is the logon screen, it shows some type of white noise.

**sorry, I just read the rules :cool:

profile:

Samsung 950 PRO -Series 256GB PCIe NVMe

Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Intel Core BX80646I74790K i7-4790K

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 XTREME

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7

I tried searching other forums with no luck.

The major issue is that I didn't realize my installation is on my HHD, not on my M.2 SSD I've seen a lot of forum posts and videos but I haven't got a clue as to how to fix it so that my OS boots from the M.2 and my storage the HD.

In the process of trying to boot a new OS into the M.2 (which is visible on my bios), I messed something up on the post installation (after the restart using clover configurator).

So basically my bootloader shows the Launch from HHD/Recovery and M.2/Recovery.
Whenever I start it from the SSD, I get the prohibited sign, I followed the instructions http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-capitan-install-problems.html#CategoryFreeze but none worked.

The last thing from my bootable USB, I get to the part where I can select a new Storage device but the SSD doesn't show on Disk Utility, what can I do here?

Thank you

ps. If you need pictures or something, please let me know.

Last edited:
Quick update**

By messing around and changing the priority of bootable items and disabling all but the USB and adding nv_disable=1, I was able to see my SSD reformat it and install it.

I don't want to mess this up what post installations are recommended for this? and also how do I set it so that I use my SSD to just boot and my HHD to store files?

Another update**

At the post installation I only chose Inject nvidia and smbios for mac pro 3,1 and am back to the beginning with a prohibited sign on start :|.. I really don't know where to go from here.

Last edited:
Quick update**

By messing around and changing the priority of bootable items and disabling all but the USB and adding nv_disable=1, I was able to see my SSD reformat it and install it.

I don't want to mess this up what post installations are recommended for this? and also how do I set it so that I use my SSD to just boot and my HHD to store files?

Please read the rules. Complete the profile information so that the details of your system are reflected in the left side bar below your UID.

Use the search function and read the guides as it is all there for everyone to use.

Then if you can not find a solution to your problem, please post your question(s).

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back