Contribute
Register

Need gpu for my mavericks machine, need help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
HD 4600
Hello hackintoshers,

I need a videocard for my mavericks machine, and i have no idea what i should get, so please help me out. Currently using the onboard graphics Intel HD4600, and i need something better to work more with adobe after effects.

My specs :

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z87
CPU : Intel i5 4670 (non k)
Ram : Crucial ballistix tactical 2x4 gb
SSD : Crucial M500 120GB
HDD : WD Red 500GB
Power : Corsair CX 600 Watt
Case : Sharkoon vaya value ATX Case

I dont want to spend more than 200$ actually.

Thanks in advance !!

Greetings
Jacobus

Hello hackintoshers,

I need a videocard for my mavericks machine, and i have no idea what i should get, so please help me out. Currently using the onboard graphics Intel HD4600, and i need something better to work more with adobe after effects.

My specs :

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z87
CPU : Intel i5 4670 (non k)
Ram : Crucial ballistix tactical 2x4 gb
SSD : Crucial M500 120GB
HDD : WD Red 500GB
Power : Corsair CX 600 Watt
Case : Sharkoon vaya value ATX Case

I dont want to spend more than 200$ actually.

Thanks in advance !!

Greetings
Jacobus

The GTX 760 works out of the box with stock Apple drivers and is probably your safest and easiest path.

The GTX 780 requires the nVidia alternate web drivers to work properly (and is a lot more expensive). I have a spare GTX 780 but I am holding off to see if I can get native Apple driver support in a future point release of Mavericks or perhaps under Yosemite before I use it in a future build.

Currently, I have a GTX 690 (which is basically two GTX 680s on one card slightly under clocked) in my rig and it works out of the box but doesn't have Apple native power management. This is something I am in the process of solving.

Hope that helps :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back