Contribute
Register

Native USB 2.0 / USB 3.0 on Skylake

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I remapped to find the internal ports with USBinjectall kext the two ports are active and working. I created a new ssdt adding the additional internal ports but no go. Everything else works fine just those two ports don't. If I revert back to the USBinjectall.kext config they work.

It means you made a mistake in your SSDT-UIAC.aml.

I have Increase port limit patch in place.

As per USBInjectAll.kext guide, you should not rely on the port limit patch except for port discovery.

It means you made a mistake in your SSDT-UIAC.aml.

As per USBInjectAll.kext guide, you should not rely on the port limit patch except for port discovery.

Board is a Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH
I used the patch because I am activating 18 ports. I am using the python script USB-SSDT.command to generate SSDT. The problem ports are SS07 and SS08 . It is an internal port connector which is connected to an add on USB 3.0 front panel. Do I answer yes or no to the question as to whether it is as an internally connected port. Also HS01 and SS01 share the same USB connectors on the back panel as do the HS07 and SS07 on the internal board connector. Do I answer yes or no to HS01 as being a 3.0 port as it also maps as SS01 and for all the other dual HS and SS ports?

Update: Solved : Needed to activate the HS ports associated with SS ports in the SSDT. All works fine without USBinjectall

Last edited:
LSP: I can't recall because it's been awhile but if you're using those add on front ports as both 2.0/3.0 ports, each one should count as two ports? Are you taking that into consideration for the port limit amount?
That was the issue, Only activated the 3.0 not the 2.0 on those ports. All good now.

Thank you for the script. Worked ok for me on Z170 gaming 3k. My only problem is that despite USB 3 stick being connected as SS port, its read speed is very low (~25MB/s), whereas the same stick gives ~200MB/s read speed on MBP. Anyone can advise on where to look at?
Please check this post:

thanks for the link to this general guide, I did see this post. But I don't think it gives any hints as to why USB 3.0 (i.e. speed-wise) won't be working. As I said, limiting USB ports works as expected, ports are determined as HS and SS correctly. I am not using anymore `USBInjectAll.kext` or extra kernel patches to limit port numbers, etc. So from that perspective, everything is working.

thanks for the link to this general guide, I did see this post. But I don't think it gives any hints as to why USB 3.0 (i.e. speed-wise) won't be working. As I said, limiting USB ports works as expected, ports are determined as HS and SS correctly. I am not using anymore `USBInjectAll.kext` or extra kernel patches to limit port numbers, etc. So from that perspective, everything is working.
did you create your own custom SSDT for your usb ports?

yes, I did using the OP from this thread (and of course discovering which port is which).
then you still need USBInjectAll.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back