Contribute
Register

N53SV-SX054V

Status
Not open for further replies.
fatalwound03 said:
ZerEviv said:
fatalwound03 said:
Will this set up/kept file work for the a53sv?

I think I saw somewhere on the back that it uses the k53sv motherboard?

I don´t know you have to test yourself. Then comment to get feedback.

No, I tried this dsdt on 10.6.7 and no luck. I have had no luck trying to upgrade from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 (always freezes and half screen blanks out, see below). And Lion won't even boot up when i have the installer portion comes to install from 10.6.7 to Lion (partition does not even get past grey screen, just restarts)

photo1.jpg

This is what happens when I try to update from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8.

I have done the updatehelper method and still come to this error

Also, even in 10.6.7 i get this message before loading up into snow leopard:
photo4.jpg

Any help?

Trackpad not working
Wifi not working
Speakers: i get a sound but it's garbled, and if i turn the sound all the way up, i can still hear system and regular sounds under all the garble
Sleep doesn't work
Shut down/restart works
Battery meter doesn't work
GPU doesn't work/not recognized (nVidia, i know it says in another post that it doesn't work/or doesn't work well, but just advising what works and doesn't work)
Native Keyboard works
CPU unrecognized

Did you use Bridge Helper 2.1(To reconize CPU)?, Did you install Chimera(boot custom I had attached)? Are you boot from your HD?.
Wireless Intel 1000 BGN ( Not working )

Did you use Bridge Helper 2.1(To reconize CPU)?, Did you install Chimera(boot custom I had attached)? Are you boot from your HD?.

Yes newest version of Bridge helper and Chimera w/multi beast 3.8 were used.

I would recommend to all N53S* series users to skip 10.6.8, as the graphics support is iffy at best, as well as some copies of VoodooBattery cause KP on it. Neither of these problems present themselves in Lion, fortunately...

fatalwound03 said:

Yes newest version of Bridge helper and Chimera w/multi beast 3.8 were used.

You must use boot I have attach. And please check if you select HD3000 card in the boot(MY is PCIRoot=0). Don't boot with CD if you are using sl 10.6.8

Attachments

• 2011-08-09_07-15-17.jpg
    2011-08-09_07-15-17.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 370
Can I use this files for Asus N53SN-SZ007V. The important differences between mine and yours are nvidia gpu(mine is gt550m) and cpu (mine is i5 2410m).

Hello,
i have an asus N53SV (i7 2630qm,hm65 expresschipset,nvidia 540m 2gb,intelhd3000,realtek ethernet,atheros wifi), i am using latest chameleon beta rev2.1 and i am having such artefacts on screen like in previous post with graphics. If i set PciRootUid=0 or 1 i have the nvidia or intel hd3000 active, but with artefacts. It's because i am using 12gb ram? I cannot install snow leopard tho ... it reboots instantly using vanilla kernel and 10.6.8 with sandy bridge i7-2630qm. Should i use just multibeast 3.8? no newer versions or no newer bootloaders?

Another couple problems...

- performance is very poor, dunno why... with win7 i have almost 9800 geekbench, in lion i have just 6900 ... does anyone know why?

- wifi seems to work, but it sees no networks (168c_002B atheros).

- ethernet ? does it work? (realtek)

- applehda? Is it possible to patch it to have alc269 audio codec with applehda? voodoohda is so awful... no mic and so on...

thank you!
K

kajmol said:
Hello,
i have an asus N53SV (i7 2630qm,hm65 expresschipset,nvidia 540m 2gb,intelhd3000,realtek ethernet,atheros wifi), i am using latest chameleon beta rev2.1 and i am having such artefacts on screen like in previous post with graphics. If i set PciRootUid=0 or 1 i have the nvidia or intel hd3000 active, but with artefacts. It's because i am using 12gb ram? I cannot install snow leopard tho ... it reboots instantly using vanilla kernel and 10.6.8 with sandy bridge i7-2630qm. Should i use just multibeast 3.8? no newer versions or no newer bootloaders?

Another couple problems...

- performance is very poor, dunno why... with win7 i have almost 9800 geekbench, in lion i have just 6900 ... does anyone know why?

- wifi seems to work, but it sees no networks (168c_002B atheros).

- ethernet ? does it work? (realtek)

- applehda? Is it possible to patch it to have alc269 audio codec with applehda? voodoohda is so awful... no mic and so on...

thank you!
K

Works for me:

- chimera 1.4.1
- ethernet work

hi zereviv, thanks for your reply!

1) are you on 10.7.1 or 10.7.0?
2) could you please share your extra folder ?
3) may you please run geekbench and post the result ?

Thank you!
K

anyone? Need to install 10.6.x in this laptop and no luck.
anyone tried 10.7.2 with success?
plz let's keep this thread a bit more active.
thanks.

ZerEviv said:
Configuration I use in Lion:

MacBookPro8,1
GUID Partition (MacOsx Lion/Win7)
Chimera

DSDT:
http://www.kexts.com/view/1543-n53sv-sx054v.html

boot HD3000

Extra:
FakeSMC.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xSATA.kext
EvOreboot.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Kexts:
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleHDADisabler.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooBattery.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext - Only for Lion - speed_stepper_lion_gm patch

Working:
Audio
Sleep
Shutdown/Reboot
HD3000
Mouse Keyboard
Battery?

To boot first time:
Iboot Legacy (param busratio=29)

Thats All :)

I attach my kexts. Any comments and suggestion I glad you.

Hi I have a question.... your 1st post says you have hd 3000 working... does that include the hdmi audio?????

If so... how did you do it? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back