Contribute
Register

n00b question - iBoot process

Status
Not open for further replies.
No joy.

I've found stuff about modifying the boot plist, but I'm unable to boot directly off of the drive, so I don't know that I have one to modify.
You can still enter boot flags when booting Snow Leopard. Just press the space bar and enter them before you press the enter key at the SL icon of the boot loader screen.

If you are using iBoot Ivy Bridge there's really no need to modify the plist. You are using an ethernet connection to your router ?

Yes, wired connection to my router.

I got it figured out, on Safari now and have everything pretty much working except iMessage. Thanks to everyone for their assistance!

After the Lion install all later versions of Mac OS are free downloads. If you have never downloaded any of the versions between Lion and Sierra then you will have to download Sierra as it is the only one at this time you will be allowed to download. Soon High Sierra will be available.

Erm does this mean I will not be able to download Yosemite? This is a serious problem as a lot of Audio apps still run best on Yosemite

Erm does this mean I will not be able to download Yosemite? This is a serious problem as a lot of Audio apps still run best on Yosemite
If you have previously downloaded Yosemite you should still have access to it

Ok I am building my first Hackintosh, so once I get SL installed how would move to ML and then Yosemite? Is the combo update the same as what I would download from the app store? remembering the old days of OSX I would have thought not...

sorry for highjacking the thread ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back