Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
Core i3 2310M
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Hi guys. I'm a couple steps away from a fully functional dual-booting Probook. But there are some things I've noticed.

Here's How I started.
Booted with UniBeast, made partition for OS X, Windows, and one empty partition. Formatted as GUID Partition table. Mac installed successfully, ran the installer, went smoothly. But (the problem at the moment is) I'm installing Windows on the 2nd partition that I reserved for Windows, and it is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files (0%)". Normally it completes in 15-20 minutes, but it has been there for quite a while now. What can I do?

There are a few problems in OS X as well, but I'll ask them later. What do do about Windows at the moment?

EDIT: if you don't have any idea about this Windows' problem, then please have a look at the problems related to OS X.

1. I was lucky enough to get a Probook with an Atheros card. However, Lion says there's no bluetooth hardware installed, and although it detects WiFi, no networks are discovered.
2. The mouse is a bit jerky, even though I ran the installer and stuff...
3. Ethernet isn't detected. I've installed the lnx2mac kext via the probook installer, but when I connect the ethernet cable, it isn't detected, and internet doesn't work It works!

Besides everything, a huge thanks to BlueKing and Tonymacx86 and all related people for this project it's really awesome :thumbup: :thumbup:

Windows installer took ages here as well..let it run. By now you should be done. Is bluetooth on? you enable it and wifi with button top right. Check with mouse that dragging is not on.

glengoyne17 said:
Windows installer took ages here as well..let it run. By now you should be done. Is bluetooth on? you enable it and wifi with button top right. Check with mouse that dragging is not on.

THANKS! So silly of me, I should've RTFM, never knew the two button-like bulges on the top-right corner of the laptop were actually BUTTONS :lol:
Man, am I glad to get a Probook with built-in Atheros, Wi-Fi works out of the box!

Now only Windows is to be installed. I figured out that my DVD is heavily scratched, so I'll consider burning a new one. Let's see.

1. I still need to press fn+F2 and F3 to adjust brightness. Is there a way to eliminate the use of the fn button?
2. Pressing the Wi-Fi button also increases the brightness by one point. Why?
3. The boot logo is a bit stretched, need to adjust that.

1. Yes, you have to do that as those keys are double function keys.

2. It is "normal"

3. I think there was a discussion about this, but I don't remember where. Search this sub forum and you will find it.

nikstar said:
1. Yes, you have to do that as those keys are double function keys.

2. It is "normal"

3. I think there was a discussion about this, but I don't remember where. Search this sub forum and you will find it.

Thanks for the clarification!
However, things keep showing up as I keep using it. The webcam works pretty well in Windows, perfect picture quality, but it is quite dark in OS X. Is there a way to make the webcam brighter?

HarryCJ said:
However, things keep showing up as I keep using it. The webcam works pretty well in Windows, perfect picture quality, but it is quite dark in OS X. Is there a way to make the webcam brighter?

This is because Windows are changing brightness and contrast via software by default. Osx delivers the picture untouched. Some they mentioned that Skype has the ability to control that functions but I cannot help you cause I am not using it. If anyone has a solution can post it here.

Also about keyboard mapping look HERE

nikstar said:
HarryCJ said:

This is because Windows are changing brightness and contrast via software by default. Osx delivers the picture untouched. Some they mentioned that Skype has the ability to control that functions but I cannot help you cause I am not using it. If anyone has a solution can post it here.

Also about keyboard mapping look HERE

Sorry for being a noob, but how to install this kext (keyboard kext, i.e. ApplePS2)? :geek:

I've been unable to find a solution to the 'stretched chimera bootloader' problem. Everything is stretched, and I cannot set it to 1366 x 768 (yeah, I searched within the forums, found that VESA stuff and all that, long story short, no mode is supported other than 1024x768)

So, How can I make it look balanced, so that the bootloader images don't appear stretched to fit the 16:9 resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back