Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
From the 26th July 2023 My Photo Stream will be no more. There seems to be no explanation of why this part of iCloud should go. Personally I always enabled it on every device install. Perhaps it is to encourage more users to consume more iCloud storage rather than keep locally? Ironic then that they say that as long as you have local copies of photos you won't loose anything.

Yeah, this affects me since my iPhone 12 will no longer sync with my OS X High Sierra and I've been dependent on photo sharing to send my photos to my Mac. I just got the dreaded email from Apple today.

Also, I've read how some people are saying this is a scam... interesting.

I already purchased a M1 Mac Mini to use with Xcode but it is nowhere near as flexible as my Hackintosh. I might need to update my hardware to what ever the latest stuff is and try to hang on to my Hack Life as long as I can.

p.s. - I've been having to use iMazing to transfer photos and videos and music as well since my HS is too old to sync with IOS 16. iMazing works even with my wife's phone which is not using my AppleID... I copy her photos also.

Back