Contribute
Register

My Hackintosh locks-up after going to sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Every time my Hackintosh goes to sleep, it wakes with a black screen and the spinning wheel of death:beachball:. I can move the wheel around with the mouse, but there is no functionality. Pease assist if you can. I've tried all Mac solutions and they are not working. I have to reboot my computer every time I return to it from sleep.:banghead:

Although i think that your problem is bigger than a Wake issue, i was wondering if you have tried Shiitaki's solution;

Great info Allan, enjoyed the read. yeah a lot of Macs are having this problem with Mountain lion. Just to let you know that it works out as darkwake=0 Well thats what mine is in org.Chameleon.boot.plist

Willow

Robbish,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the information doesn't male much sense to me. I'm a Hackintosh rookie. Can you provide me some clear instructions on the modification I need to make and how I do it?

As another option, do you think upgrading to Mountain Lion would help?

- Go to your boot drive e.g Mackintosh HDD

- Go into your Extra folder and you should see a file called org.chameleon.Boot.plist

- Open org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the TextEdit app, it should look similar to mine below;

if you don't have darkwake in there then you can insert it and then save the file then exit out of boot drive, Reboot and this will load that setting.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    [COLOR=#0000cd]<string>darkwake=0</string>[/COLOR]
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1280x720x32</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>1</string>
    <key>Hide Partition</key>
    <string>hd(1,2) hd(1,5)</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Good luck ;)

Thanks!

Here's what I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hey,
unfortunately I have the same problem right now (Mavericks - it used to work, even with Mavericks!). The darkwake flag will not help us as it's related to not turning on the displays after wake, which is not the case since we can see the spinball, right?

I'm looking into it!

If I set "Display sleep" to "never" under "Energy Saver", disable screen locking and go to sleep manually this doesn't happen! Maybe the problem isn't related to sleep at all?

Ok, I think I have sorted it out: It's caused by either Google Chrome (respectively it's own fork of Flash called Pepperflash, creates lots of zombies) or a bug in BetterTouchTool (most likely) that has been fixed in version 0.988.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back