1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings all.

I successfully built a Hackintosh back in 2017 for audio production with the help of this site. Best computer I've ever owned.

I used it until summer 2022 when I moved back to the US, and it sat in storage until just few months ago. So, in storage nearly two years.

This week I've finally got around to setting it up, but it will not load up the MacOS side. The PC side loads up, but Sierra will not.

It loads up the white Apple logo, then seems to dim... then the status bar comes up but only like 1%.

I've setup a new USB drive to install Sierra (all my audio pluggins are from a few years back and I'm not interested in shelling out $1000s for basically the same functionality) on a different drive, but... the white Apple logo seems to dim and the stuck status bar.

Could this be due to the fact that I'm using an Amazon Fire TV? That's the only thing different, other than going to 110 from 220.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks

Chances are that your CMOS battery drained resulting in the loss of the BIOS settings required to run Sierra.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Thanks, Pilgrim! I'm unable to get it to boot into verbose mode, it goes straight to that dim logo.

Will look into the battery replace. That would be great news!
Hello,
Check your battery ( could be CR2032 model ).
Enter BIOS Setup, set date/time to current (or other valus) Save & Exit. On reboot power off .
Wait a few minutes.

Reboot, enter BIOS and check if your known setting were kept.

Cheers.

I am looking for the battery right now, assuming it's on the motherboard.

Yes, I did notice that the time/date was off yesterday and corrected that, it didn't make any difference. Then today it was still showing the same time as yesterday.

Hello,
Check your battery ( could be CR2032 model ).
Enter BIOS Setup, set date/time to current (or other valus) Save & Exit. On reboot power off .
Wait a few minutes.

Reboot, enter BIOS and check if your known setting were kept.

Cheers.
Ok, I found it. Looks like it's a watch battery, but wrapped up in black plastic with a dual wire heading out. On Amazon there's a bunch, are these universal or do I need to find one specific for Gigabyte boards, and even mine in particular?

Apologies for dumb questions.

I am looking for the battery right now, assuming it's on the motherboard.

Yes, I did notice that the time/date was off yesterday and corrected that, it didn't make any difference. Then today it was still showing the same time as yesterday.
Just in case :

1711664279620.png

May be your stuff is like this :
1711665351292.png

Back