Contribute
Register

My Hackintosh build

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinkerC said:
I had not noticed the open picture. I just noticed that the reflection in the side of the case was no longer pink.
LOL...
I guess you are confusing it with intrus22... viewtopic.php?p=6815#p6815

My room was never pink...

Lnx2Mac said:
tinkerC said:
I had not noticed the open picture. I just noticed that the reflection in the side of the case was no longer pink.
LOL...
I guess you are confusing it with intrus22... viewtopic.php?p=6815#p6815

My room was never pink...

Quite right! Sorry :lol:. Nice case, anyway. They do look kind of similar...

Tom

pcmantinker said:
Lnx2Mac said:
WOW, I think this thread can go down in history as the most thread-jacked and OT-laden one... ;)
Sorry about that,
Lnx2Mac
lol Yeah, it's not a hiuge deal. Most of the stuff talked about in this thread is related to the topic of the thread.

On a side note, I successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.4 last night and my machine is running beautifully. :) I got everything working including network, sound, and my GTX 470 (using the unofficial driver).
Funny that the main issue became a "side note"... What a Red Herring ! :lol:

For the network driver, I downloaded the PCI Express driver from Realtek's website for Mac and installed. It works very nicely. For sound, I just rolled back to the 10.6.2 AppleHDA from Multibeast 2.0 and used DSDT to get it working. For my graphics card, it was a little more tricky. I had to use my 9500 GT to install Snow Leo and then install the modified bootloader and driver for Fermi before putting in my Fermi. After that, I got full QE/CI and both DVI ports and my HDMI port can display video. If I install VoodooHDA, I can get sound coming out of the HDMI on my TV, but it' not really important. Also, my PC speakers sound much better than my TV speakers.

KUDOS !

Later I'll see about writing a guide for my motherboard and getting Snow Leopard 10.6 installed using iBoot and Multibeast DSDT. It took me a while to get the correct BIOS settings, but I did manage to eventually make the BIOS cooperate with loading both Mac and Windows.
Looking forward to read it !!! :thumbup:

Lnx2Mac said:
pcmantinker said:
Lnx2Mac said:
WOW, I think this thread can go down in history as the most thread-jacked and OT-laden one... ;)
Sorry about that,
Lnx2Mac
lol Yeah, it's not a hiuge deal. Most of the stuff talked about in this thread is related to the topic of the thread.

On a side note, I successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.4 last night and my machine is running beautifully. :) I got everything working including network, sound, and my GTX 470 (using the unofficial driver).
Funny that the main issue became a "side note"... What a Red Herring ! :lol:

Later I'll see about writing a guide for my motherboard and getting Snow Leopard 10.6 installed using iBoot and Multibeast DSDT. It took me a while to get the correct BIOS settings, but I did manage to eventually make the BIOS cooperate with loading both Mac and Windows.
Looking forward to read it !!! :thumbup:

Not quite a red herring, it was not deliberate.

As am I!

Tom

tinkerC said:
I was sarcastically referring to pcmantinker's deliberate attempt to drive the conversation to his successful installation. ;)

pcmantinker said:
Also, my PC speakers sound much better than my TV speakers.
I'm also interested in knowing which speakers you are using...
Have been considering (though speakers are not my forte...) the Harman-Kardon Soundsticks II for a while, but those are obscenely expensive...

Lnx2Mac said:
tinkerC said:
I was sarcastically referring to pcmantinker's deliberate attempt to drive the conversation to his successful installation. ;)

pcmantinker said:
Have been considering (though speakers are not my forte...) the Harman-Kardon Soundsticks II for a while, but those are obscenely expensive...

Nice sarcasm, other than it wasn't so clear...

Tom

Lnx2Mac said:
tinkerC said:

pcmantinker said:
Well, my speakers are nothing special, but just a $30 set I got from Office Depot a while back. It's got two speakers and a subwoofer which adds nice depth to the sound. They have really nice sound quality compared to my TV's speakers. I'll have to look up the brand later when I get home. Later, I may invest in an HD audio system since my computer supports 7.1 audio. I will have to do some research to find the best setup for the best price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back