Contribute
Register

My First G5 Case-Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
--- Update ---

Here there .. after a big Break in building my first G5 Case i am back at work and show u my new work and i will finish the build without any break anymore.

sooo

i have close the Back

19.jpg 22.jpg

then i have clued the original Apple Mainboardholder in new location an close holes with Epoxid-Clue.

25.jpg 26.jpg

then i have closed the front FireWire because i want a USB3.0 and Audio in the new Front.

27.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg

then i have Build up the I/O Shield with aluminium angle and a little part from a Standart ATX Case to fix the IO Shield and clue the oben Holes again.

33.jpg 34.jpg 36.jpg 35.jpg

The i have grind the Back and Paint it ... and there it is - before and after. the PCI Slots are Original, the Fans are moved to the left and a normal ATX IO Shield i fixed on the right.

2.jpg 38.jpg

next Step is to build up the inner of the case like in the Original Apple G5.

so i will bring a new Update in a few Weeks.

regards

vinu.snake I am very pleased to see you are back and posting your progress.

The rear is great:

38-jpg.181707

And I will continue to follow your project.

Good modding,
neil

Last edited by a moderator:
--- Update ---

I have Painted the inner of the Case
38.jpg

Then i have modify some Fanes and Items in the Inner so they can now fit perfekt again.

39.jpg 40.jpg 41.jpg 42.jpg

next step is cabling the Apple-Fans to the Fancontroller and i must work on the Frontpanel .... so more Updates will come ...

regards

This i probably the best rear panel mod I have seen. Amazing work! I hope mine looks this good after I get it painted.

A note though, I noticed you are using older hardware, if you choose to get a newer GPU, make sure you get a height measurement on the heat sink. Some of them are tall enough that the clear plastic cover will no longer fit, and it seems like you want to use that.

Good luck with the front panel!

Thank u Guys

but today i have little bad news ...

i have made some Fancables and test it on my selfmade Fancontroller and then the Controlwheel ist Burning and the Fancontroller is for trash. New Plan is to make a Fan-cabling to a Sata Connector from PSU and use the 12v/5v Lines on it. But i must test the fans if they make enouth Airflow on the 5v line .... so the next Update with Pictures will take a little to make it. I have get a simple Frontpanel what I want to modify to the Apple Front after i fixed the Fancabling problem.

regards

Hi, very nice job overall so far! What paint did you use? It looks like the original color.

i use Aluminium Spray with 99,9% Aluminium inside from tool Market and over that clear one and i have test it with Aluminium Eloxal Spray inside ... the color ist noch 100% the same but if u paint the hole back or front u will not see the maybe 1% Color diffrents because of the Line Cut of the Sidepanal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back