Contribute
Register

My First G5 Case-Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo for being brave and installing the PSU components inside the Apple PSU enclosure, this is in my opinion the best solution when modding the G5 case. The stock (or replacement silent) fans are more than adequate for cooling the components as it maintains the back-to-front isolated cooling zone plus the cable path is perfect for ATX motherboards.

Last edited:
--- Update ---

Hello again ... sooo i have made a new Fan Power cabeling. All Fans in Case are the Original Apple Fans and the Fans are running on 5V Speed and are connected at a Sata Connector of the PSU.
for connecting the Fans on the Sasts PSU Connector i must cabling the fans not as i Show bevor - i have connect the fans on the 12v GND and 5V Cables of Sata Power and they a starting and then run on the 5v in the hole time i use the PC. loudnes is ok like a normal desktop PC. I ahve used normal 4pin and 3pin Fan connectors and modify it to get a pefekt connection to the Apple Fans

43.jpg 44.jpg 45.jpg 46.jpg

The i found a really nice Adapter for my SSD. It fits perfekt i the Apple HDD Case like an normal 3,5" HDD

47.jpg

Then i made the Front of the Case...

i use the Original Apple Frontpanal-Plantine and cut it in the new Size and use it to fix the USB3 Front connector and then i Cabling the Power Button. Maybee i doo something wrong - the LED is Burning wen power connector is in PSU. wen i change connecton the LED starts to burn wenn i start pc and PC is shutting down in a few sec.. mhhh but button works fine.

48.jpg 49.jpg 50.jpg

now i want to install OSX and get everything runnin because i have another Hardware like on the beginning of the Mod. Then i want to Paint the Front and the Back new again to get a nice Style. But i can say it is done and works.

regards

cool, could you show me a picture of the spray can you used? or the brand you used?

Wen it is allowed to Show here i make a Picture and upload it....

4444.jpg 4445.jpg

wen this is not allowed here than give me a call and i delete it. thx

and thank u Kingzone

regards

I like how you moved the fans on the back! Awesome idea. JB weld is great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back