Contribute
Register

My first attempt to install Snow Leopard on Asus laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here are some updates.

I manage to get Snow Leopard installed on HP8200, managed to create a bootable USB for El Capitan with Unibeast following the Guides. Managed to install El Capitan on HP8200.
When I buy from the market all current USB sticks are USB3 version.
Not sure if it is going to affect installation to Asus laptop.

When I boot the Asus laptop, without making any change on the Clover, the laptop boot into a 'blue tooth missing' where two images are showing alternatively.. I read somewhere this is graphic problem.

As I have not been able to read and understand enough what to change on Clover.
What should I do in order to boot this laptop up and install El Capitan?
Thank you
Wayne
Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Consider borrowing a Mac to create USB installer (with Clover and newer macOS/OS X).

OK now that I have a working CustoMac (HP8200 desktop), I am going to follow the procedure and start with Clover.
I have a brief learning to use Sierra and High Sierra on my CustoMac, Sierra seems to be fully functional, but High Sierra cannot wake up from sleep.

To continue my journey on this Asus Laptop installation , my questions are:
1. Can it run Sierra or High Sierra?
2. If yes, should I choose Sierra or High Sierra?
3. Should I continue to post here? or move to Sierra laptop support/High Sierra Laptop support?

OK now that I have a working CustoMac (HP8200 desktop), I am going to follow the procedure and start with Clover.
I have a brief learning to use Sierra and High Sierra on my CustoMac, Sierra seems to be fully functional, but High Sierra cannot wake up from sleep.

To continue my journey on this Asus Laptop installation , my questions are:
1. Can it run Sierra or High Sierra?
2. If yes, should I choose Sierra or High Sierra?
3. Should I continue to post here? or move to Sierra laptop support/High Sierra Laptop support?

Radeon has issues with sleep on El Capitan and later.

Radeon has issues with sleep on El Capitan and later.
I could not find Yosemite in the CustoMac's App Store.

If I don't use the sleep function, always let the laptop be running, would this Asus be able to run High Sierra?

If I don't use the sleep function, always let the laptop be running, would this Asus be able to run High Sierra?

I cannot predict the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back