Contribute
Register

My experience on AMD vs NVIDIA vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price is crazy on those thanks to miners, does the 4GB also work the same?
I know. I got my 580 Pulse used from eBay.

I don't know if the Sapphire 580 Pulse 4GB will work. I can only advise to check the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum as I know they talk about the 4GB version and the 4G & 8GB Nitro series. If the card works on a Mac Pro, it will work in a hackintosh.

I know. I got my 580 Pulse used from eBay.

I don't know if the Sapphire 580 Pulse 4GB will work. I can only advise to check the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum as I know they talk about the 4GB version and the 4G & 8GB Nitro series. If the card works on a Mac Pro, it will work in a hackintosh.
After some reading on macrumors, it appears that they all work, but only the pulse 8gb reads right on about this mac, but that is just cosmetics easily fixed. I'm trying to decide whether I want to blow 250 on the 580, or get an overclocked (asus, 1300mhz) 560 for 100 for now

Hey Stork, do you know if it matters if one goes Pulse(which is the egpu dev card) or the Nitro+ regarding compatibility? I was thinking of going with the 560 but might step up

You can find some hackintosher use Nitro+ on insanelymac and they're working fine :D.

I can confirm this works with a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card in High Sierra 10.13.1. Added the RadeonDeInit to the config.plist file.
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
        <true/>

Tested with my 4960x and XFX RX 480 8Gb.
I've not IGPU, obviously.

With RadeonDeInit true I've no black screen, but sleep/wake won't work (10.13.1).
I attached my EFI Folder (without themes).
I've two config.plist.
One (confi.plist) with SMBIOS to MacPro6.1 the other with SMBIOS set as iMac19.1. With 19.1 I'm able to export with FCP ad iMovie in H264, otherwise I can't.

@Stork if you find something wrong please write me.
Thx for all.

PS: i followed the first step by steb guide wrote by @shilohh.
My system: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition with 4960x and RX 480 8Gb XFX on the first slot, 64GB memory, Modified Bios to boot from NVME pcie disk, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 EVo 2Tb.

Attachments

• EFI_pulpinex.zip
    23.3 MB · Views: 73
Tested with my 4960x and XFX RX 480 8Gb.
I've not IGPU, obviously.
What is imac19,1? Maybe use clover configurator to generate a 18,3 from scratch

With RadeonDeInit true I've no black screen, but sleep/wake won't work (10.13.1)..
I would drop all the extra FakeSMC sensor kexts and update the rest, your appleintele1000e is from 3 years ago, replace it with intelmausiethernet.

I'm not sure 0x67DF1002 is working well anymore, and do you have modified kexts? You also have tons of kextstopatch mods, might behoove you to start from a clean one or get one from someone elses build.

I would drop all the extra FakeSMC sensor kexts and update the rest, your appleintele1000e is from 3 years ago, replace it with intelmausiethernet.

I'm not sure 0x67DF1002 is working well anymore, and do you have modified kexts? You also have tons of kextstopatch mods, might behoove you to start from a clean one or get one from someone elses build.

It's True!
"tons of kextstopatch" because I use the same config.plis to boot different macOS (10.12.6 and 10.13.1) in two separate HDD.
I'm not sure what I've to modify... so... while is working.... :)
But within few days I'll switch definitely to 10.13.1, without parachute (no more need).
BUT (again)... if I use 19.1 speedstep don't work but I can export in H264. Elsewhere I can't (may be it work well also with MacPro4.1, but speed step don't work again!).

PS: The topic is only about "my experience" with AMD vs NVidia. This is myne with RX 480: no Lilu, no whatevergreen and.. no black screen... but no sleep/wake!

PPS: if someone would help me with my configuration I thx her/him!

PPS: if someone would help me with my configuration I thx her/him!
I already did, if you follow the advice above. There is no such things as a 19,1, so if speedstep is working with that, that's because you are mis-injecting speeds otherwise, which is very possible given the 11 aml files in your patch folder along with all the unneccesary kexts and drivers. There is no point in piecemeal fixing your EFI setup, it is beyond the pale, you have to delete it all and start with a guide. I suggest you start another topic as your problem does not pertain to this issue, but you will be given the same advice.

I did a "clean-up" of my EFI folder.
Updated kext, moved from EFI\CLOVER\KEXT\OTHER some kext to S\L\E... updatet appleintele1000 FakeSMC, removed tons of Kextstopatch etc..
Now all is "slimmer and faster"!

But nothing changed about sleep/wake (obviously) :(

Anyway: thx for spurred/motivated me!
:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back