Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been using the Gigabyte 1050 Ti 4GB OC for a good while until recently I had to relegate that card to another PC. So i tried to setup the on board HD 630 on my Z270X-UD5 in the interim before I bought a new one. It was easy to setup, but I could not get multiple monitors working consistently. After some research, I found out that the AMD cards are pretty much natively supported, and so I went ahead and bought an Sapphire PULSE RX 560. Installation was a breeze and everything is working so smoothly.

Let me just say, even though 1050 Ti was the most powerful of all, I had the most problem with it. Little glitches here and there and also Final Cut was a nightmare. Really slow UI, cannot render 3D text, just to name a few problems.

Intel (if you don't need a second monitor) and AMD was on par in terms of compatibility and everything felt really smooth and glitch-free. Obviously AMD has more processing power.

So my recommendation for you, is to get an AMD RX 560+ card if you're going down that route. Some may have better luck setting up dual monitor on HD 630, but I have spent a lot of time on it and it works about one in ten times, and it was frustrating. And even if you get it working, you still have to hot plug which is a hassle.

I have a gtx 1070 and do feel that my card is not giving my money's worth in hackintosh. I m thinking of picking up a rx 560 and was wondering if I could use both 1070 and 560 in my system and use amd for mac and nvidia for windows?

With the rx560, did you just throw in whatever green and called it a day? Also, sleep doesn't work right? I'm going to help a friend with a decisions which is why I am asking.

Above issues seems to be corrected with new Clover r4297, does not need whatevergreen.
I use ssdt_amd.aml, tested with RX460 + HD610 and RX460 as primary, no whatevergreen, sleep / wake ok.

See below link for detail,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...akeup-issue-to-its-origin/page-3#entry2525983

Last edited:
With the rx560, did you just throw in whatever green and called it a day? Also, sleep doesn't work right? I'm going to help a friend with a decisions which is why I am asking.
I can confirm with Clover 4297, my hackintosh works just fine without Whatevergreen. Just need to use "RadeonDeInit = true".
Hope this help! :D

I can confirm with Clover 4297, my hackintosh works just fine without Whatevergreen. Just need to use "RadeonDeInit = true".
Hope this help! :D
I can confirm this works with a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card in High Sierra 10.13.1. Added the RadeonDeInit to the config.plist file.
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
        <true/>

I can confirm this works with a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card in High Sierra 10.13.1. Added the RadeonDeInit to the config.plist file.
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
        <true/>
Hey Stork, do you know if it matters if one goes Pulse(which is the egpu dev card) or the Nitro+ regarding compatibility? I was thinking of going with the 560 but might step up

Hey Stork, do you know if it matters if one goes Pulse(which is the egpu dev card) or the Nitro+ regarding compatibility? I was thinking of going with the 560 but might step up
It's my understand that the Pulse is natively supported while the Vega cards support in High Sierra is still being developed; same for the rest of the RX 580 cards. (See MacRumor's Mac Pro forum section for more information.). I got the Pulse works OOB because of Apple's use in their eGPU. Given that and the above, I can only state with any reliability that the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card works like a champ.

It's my understanding that the Pulse is natively supported while the Vega cards support in High Sierra is still being developed; same for the rest of the RX 580 cards. (See MacRumor's Mac Pro forum section for more information.). I got the Pulse works OOB because of Apple's use in their eGPU. Given that and the above, I can only state with any reliability that the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card works like a champ.
The price is crazy on those thanks to miners, does the 4GB also work the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back