Contribute
Register

MUST HAVE Tonymacx86 Menu Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nutellash said:
Thank you very much, it rocks! Just done the trick!

1338659286-Capturedcran2012-06-0219.47.26.png

I notice 0n31d34 says you have to turn off transparency on the Dock but in your screenshot you still have transparency on the dock. While showing the tonymac logo instead of the Apple one at the top.

How did you do this - did you have to do something extra or did it just work with 0n31d34's default theme + logo file?

the_gael said:
Nutellash said:

I notice 0n31d34 says you have to turn off transparency on the Dock but in your screenshot you still have transparency on the dock. While showing the tonymac logo instead of the Apple one at the top.

How did you do this - did you have to do something extra or did it just work with 0n31d34's default theme + logo file?

It isn't the transparency of the dock but the menu bar instead! ;)

Nutellash said:
the_gael said:
Nutellash said:

It isn't the transparency of the dock but the menu bar instead! ;)

thank you - may just have to use that! :thumbup:

SArtFileTool. I found it over on MacThemes.net google it. I'm glad so many people like my mod!

If anyone is looking to revert back to the original, it's very easy. Just download Max Rudberg's Obsidian theme from MaxThemes.com. It has an option to revert everything back to stock which basically overwrites the modded menu extras and the SArtFile.bin with the stock ones.

Here's what I'm using right now. If anyone is interested, I'll post this SArtFile.bin as well.

Badaboum03 said:
Can you make a black and white logo? I'd use it immediately.

Thanks

What exactly do you mean by black and white logo? Something along these lines?

Attachments

• bwtonymac.png
    bwtonymac.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 315
Exactly this, thanks !! :clap: :clap:

loc said:
I'm glad I did this since I get weird black spots on every menu bar when I try the file posted here. Maybe it's because I'm still running 10.7.3, though.

Yes, you are correct. Every version of OSX changes the order of the graphic resources contained within SArtFile.bin slightly (part of the reason why theming Lion is so much more difficult than previous versions). That being said, if you use Max Rudberg's theme reversion from Obsidian and then theme the SArtFile.bin it should technically work. Unfortunately I don't have any computers running anything but 10.6.8 and 10.7.4 so I have no way of testing this.

Badaboum03 said:
Exactly this, thanks !! :clap: :clap:

I'm in the midst of pretending to work on some trig homework right now. I'll try to get around to creating a monochrome tonymac theme. I'm thinking I'll reuse the original apple resource file to get the correct palette. The sample I created was a quick photoshop mockup and it was a bit too dark I think. I'll work on it later tonight though. :headbang:

loc said:
iTz Crush said:
How easy is it to revert?

Just back-up your original one and if you don't like the result of changing it, copy this backup back to its original place.

Code:
sudo cp /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/SArtFile.bin /Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Desktop

I'm glad I did this since I get weird black spots on every menu bar when I try the file posted here. Maybe it's because I'm still running 10.7.3, though.

i got the same weird spots and just general weirdness as the above poster. I didn't backup - can anyone link me to a unedited 10.7.3 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back