Contribute
Register

MUST HAVE Tonymacx86 Menu Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the3030club said:
i got the same weird spots and just general weirdness as the above poster. I didn't backup - can anyone link me to a unedited 10.7.3 file?

As I mentioned before, reverting is as easy as installing a package. ATM I don't have an unmodified SArtFile.bin but you can get yours from one of two places; either your original Lion install USB located at
Code:
/System/Library/PrivateFramworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/SArtFile.bin

Or you can download the "Obsidian Menu Bar" package from MaxThemes.com. You can choose to either install the Obsidian theme or install the standard theme which will roll your SArtFile.bin and any modified Menu Extras back to their stock configuration.

http://maxthemes.com/downloads/Obsidian Menu Bar.dmg

As always, special thanks goes out to Max Rudberg for laying the ground work for my mods to be possible.

This is great!
I am using secondbar on my other screens and the apple logo does not change on them. I don't know if any of you are using secondbar, but it would be great to make the apple change on there too.

I haven't used 2nd bar and I'm not familiar with how it works, but I'd be willing to bet that the resource files for it are self contained (ie; /Applications/Second\ Bar.app/Contents/Resources). I doubt that a third party application actually calls on parts of the system. I'll look into it though. Kinda difficult because I don't have a second monitor but I can at least inspect the app

EDIT

After doing some digging I found two interesting things. 1) the menubar background image is in fact contained within second bar and 2) that second bar calls on the system default apple logo (the one that gets used with transparency enabled). For whatever reason, that logo can not be changed by modding the resources in the SArtFile.bin, and if I had to take an educated guess as to why, I assume that that logo is not actually an image file at all, but rather a hard coded vector image that is embedded in the menubar itself. In all my digging through the system I've never come across an instance of the black apple logo that modifies the bar with transparency enabled (and thus the one second bar seems to use)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back