Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been messing with customizing parts of the interface (which is considerably more difficult on Lion than previous versions of OSX). I swapped out the Apple menu icon for the Tonymacx86 icon and I figured I'd share it so that other people can show their Tonymac support with pride.

This is achieved by modding parts of the file
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/SArtFile.bin

First it must be decompiled properly using SArtFileTool which can be found on MacThemes.com (Google it). Then once decompiled it's a matter of editing the proper resource files with your choice of Image editing software (I used CS5 since I haven't been able to get Gimp to work on Lion).

I figure I should give credit to Max Rudberg of http://www.maxthemes.com since aside from the edits I've made to SArtFile.bin I'm using his "Obsidian" theme. As for now, you have to install Obsidian and then install my patch over it. I'll get around to posting a non Obsidian variant as soon as I finish it.

LINK

tonymacSArtFile.bin.zip

To install:

in the terminal type
Code:
sudo cp /path/to/my/SArtFile.bin /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/SArtFile.bin
then log out and log back in.

UPDATE!!!

As per request, I made a monochromatic version of the tonymac logo for the menu. I attempted to keep it as close to the original Apple logo palette as possible. Install method is exactly the same, nothing new there.

LINK

https://rapidshare.com/files/945773524/tonymacSArtFile.bin

Attachments

• tonymacSArtFile.bin.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
here's the default theme with the Tonymac menu logo. I almost forgot, you have to disable the transparent menu bar. I did my best to work around this by setting the menubar background image transparent, but it's not exactly the same because of how QE handles compositing effects.
Enjoy!!!

LINK to SArtFile.bin

SArtFile.bin.zip

Attachments

• SArtFile.bin.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
Can you make a black and white logo? I'd use it immediately.

Thanks

Whoa- nice one! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

tmxcorner.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How easy is it to revert?

iTz Crush said:
How easy is it to revert?

Just back-up your original one and if you don't like the result of changing it, copy this backup back to its original place.

Code:
sudo cp /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/SArtFile.bin /Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Desktop

I'm glad I did this since I get weird black spots on every menu bar when I try the file posted here. Maybe it's because I'm still running 10.7.3, though.

Thank you very much, it rocks! Just done the trick!

1338659286-Capturedcran2012-06-0219.47.26.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back