Contribute
Register

MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.1.1 Installation Failed ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last picture you took does not appear to be while you booted with -v.

Boot with -v and when the text stops, then take the picture.

the kextcache error 71 seems to be more complicated than it appears, and is periodic and recurrent, no mater if there is a installation of anny app or not...and for now after all research about I haven't found a good and permanent solution...:beachball::beachball::beachball:

I'm sorry but i give up, i'll boot with the USB key every time... ^^

Hi rlf156,
I tried to follow your suggestions of the post in the first page and get the following from Terminal:

W836x.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
SuperIOFamily.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
W836x.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
PC8739x.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
PC8739x.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
IT87x.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
IT87x.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
F718x.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
F718x.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
SuperIOFamily.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
W836x.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
PC8739x.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
IT87x.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
F718x.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
Prelink failed for org.mozodojo.SuperIOFamily; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[697] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.

What do you think about that? How can I update FakeSMC from MultiBeast if it fails?
Bye Rommy

@Rommy

It isn't FakeSMC.kext causing the problem, it is the FakeSMC plugins that have the problem. You aren't using the latest Multibeast which has new plugins that don't cause problems. You need to remove the plugins and use the new Multibeast.

Go to the /System/Library/Extensions folder. Find FakeSMC.kext and right-click on it. Select "Show Package Contents". Open the Contents folder. Then drag the Plugins folder to the Trash and give your password.

THANKKKKK YOUUUUU FOR YOUR HELP :clap:.. It's working flawlessly :D

Ok, just a bit late I resume the post to describe my situation.
1) The plugins (W836x.kext etc.) are included in SuperIOFamily.kext package and not in FakeSMC.kext, so I decided to drag the folder to the trash.
2) After this deletion I successfully installed the new version of FakeSMC.kext from Multibeast 5.1.3, with no plugins. Rebuilt the cache and then rebooted, but my system hangs with 'failed to locate smc driver'.
3) I restored a working OSX 10.8.2 from Time Machine.
4) I made a further attempt deleting the plugins (W836x.kext etc.) included in SuperIOFamily.kext package. This time I installed the new version of FakeSMC.kext from Multibeast 5.1.3, including the plugins, but the installation failed as usual.
5) I decided to recover the plugins from the trash associating them to SuperIOFamily.kext package as in origin, such that I'm exactly at the starting point again.

Do I have to surrend definitely?
Bye Rommy

Do I have to surrend definitely?
Bye Rommy
Try drag to trash the entire fakesmc.kext from S/L/E. Leave SuperIOFamily alone. Install new fakesmc + motherboard plugins from MultiBeast.
Launch Disk Utility app. repair permissions.
Boot with -v -f . Post results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back