Contribute
Register

Multibeast Install Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This solved my problem. After removing 8 kexts Multibeast installed normally.
Thank you for this problemsolver, onward to rebooting!

Thank you so much!!!!! You are a god!!!!!!!!!

how do I delete the problem kext? I have a fresh install of ML and am having the same issues with multibeast. im dying to get my sounds and ethernet working im totally new to all this and im having issues finding things.
thanks for any help

the kext thats giving me issues is IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext

I was also having the same problem with MultiBeast failing to install - I ran 'sudo kextcache -update-volume /' which pointed to the Logitech Unifying kext as having some issues - I simply delete this kext and MultiBeast then worked fine.

Thank you so much for this! My Multibeast for ML install succeeded right after I deleted the listed kexts.

Ok, I was able to resolve my issues.

From a shell, run the commands:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The second command showed me which kext's it didn't like (IOUSBAttachedSCSI in my case). I deleted that kext and re-ran the command, and it completed successfully. Then I ran multibeast again and it worked fine. After a reboot, my Bluetooth and audio worked properly. Hope this helps.

Another thank you... this absolutely fixed my broken bootup. :)

Can anyone actually explain how to do this? I'm having the same problem

After you run the commands
sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

and have identified the problem kexts. Run the command: sudo rm -rf <problem kext>
to remove the kext from the system

Im having the same issues but when I type the sudo string it asks for my password. At that point my keyboard stops responding so I cant put in my password. I can cancel out and my keyboard works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back