Contribute
Register

Multibeast Install Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me with multibeast. I cant figure out whats wrong. Attached is the installer log

Did you perform a clean install or an upgrade? I had this exact issue when attempting an upgrade install - what is happening is that old kexts are still sitting in your /System/Library/Extensions folder and causing the attempt to rebuild kernel kext caches to fail. You can try to figure out which one it is, but that could take a long time and many reboots - I found it faster to use Carbon Copy Cloner or similar to make a backup of the drive, boot from the UniBeast-prepared 10.8 installation media, and wipe the drive clean using Disk Utility from within the installer. Once the install is finished and you have it running stably with all hardware working, then you can restore your user data (documents, photos, music, etc.) from the backup and re-download purchased apps from the App Store/re-install apps from their physical media.

Did you perform a clean install or an upgrade? I had this exact issue when attempting an upgrade install - what is happening is that old kexts are still sitting in your /System/Library/Extensions folder and causing the attempt to rebuild kernel kext caches to fail. You can try to figure out which one it is, but that could take a long time and many reboots - I found it faster to use Carbon Copy Cloner or similar to make a backup of the drive, boot from the UniBeast-prepared 10.8 installation media, and wipe the drive clean using Disk Utility from within the installer. Once the install is finished and you have it running stably with all hardware working, then you can restore your user data (documents, photos, music, etc.) from the backup and re-download purchased apps from the App Store/re-install apps from their physical media.

I migrated all my data over during the install process. Maybe I shouldnt have done that.

I migrated all my data over during the install process. Maybe I shouldnt have done that.

I'm having the same issue with Multibeast, and I migrated my data as well. It seems odd that it would have copied any of the extensions though? My install is mostly working, but bluetooth and sound have failed. Everything else (that I normally use) is working fine.

Ok, I was able to resolve my issues.

From a shell, run the commands:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The second command showed me which kext's it didn't like (IOUSBAttachedSCSI in my case). I deleted that kext and re-ran the command, and it completed successfully. Then I ran multibeast again and it worked fine. After a reboot, my Bluetooth and audio worked properly. Hope this helps.

Ok, I was able to resolve my issues.

From a shell, run the commands:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The second command showed me which kext's it didn't like (IOUSBAttachedSCSI in my case). I deleted that kext and re-ran the command, and it completed successfully. Then I ran multibeast again and it worked fine. After a reboot, my Bluetooth and audio worked properly. Hope this helps.

Hallelujah this "Noob" speaks the truth!

Thank you so much I have been so frustrated with the lack of sound and Multibeast's lack of co-operation! :D

linerjoe, you are my hero.

After installing ML, I ran MultiBeast which failed. Tried to boot from the HDD anyway but it kept rebooting after the kexts had loaded, just before login.

After having a nightmare of a time trying to boot back into ML from USB, it finally worked and I came across your solution.

I ran 'sudo kextcache -update-volume /' which threw up a few problem kexts. For me it was SuperIOFamily.kext and RadeonMonitor.kext. Deleted these and re-ran the command which seemed to work successfully.

After doing this, I ran MultiBeast with my mobo's DSDT and it completely successfully. Now I'm booting from my HDD and, fingers crossed, everything is looking good.

Thank you!

applications/utilities/terminal :)

I'm having some screen freezing issues now, but Multibeast worked like a charm after that suggestion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back