Register

Multibeast - Chimera Raid 0 installation support

Status
Not open for further replies.
cwzkevin said:
cwzkevin said:
notshy said:
That is now down as Fixed.

That means it should come through when the new Chimera is released.

Well, that is great! I certainly hope so. Thanks to everyone who fixes this bug. Thanks to MacMan!

Chimera updated to 1.5.0, just don't know if this Raid boot issue been fixed yet?

Have you tested ? Chimera 1.5.X has taken the coding from the latest trunk - give that it's been fixed in the trunk some time ago then it should be in all version of Chimera later than 1.5.0 so please test.

i had no success with the latest Chimera (1.5.4), but i dont know if it's my fault or if its not supported jet.

I'll try to change the bootfile in the bootpartion of the raid. If its working it wasn't my fault xD

I will tell u when i have some positive results

notshy said:
Have you tested ? Chimera 1.5.X has taken the coding from the latest trunk - give that it's been fixed in the trunk some time ago then it should be in all version of Chimera later than 1.5.0 so please test.

I can confirm that Chimera works for raid.

cwzkevin said:
notshy said:

I can confirm that Chimera works for raid.

Thanks for the comment - glad that it is working.

Hi Guys,

Glad to find out that you managed to successfully boot or RAID0 systems.
I was wondering wether you were able to help me out a bit.

Chimera 1.5.4 is supposed to work with RAID0. The change log says I have to use the flag SkipFTFix=yes. I did that, but no result.

Maybe my fault is that I wrongfully installed Chimera. I just downloaded the package (on my single disk safe boot), selected my RAID0 disk, and installed it.

Still, when I boot it gives me an "Can't find mach_kernel" or a KP with Can't find drivers for APCI (or something, can't remember it).

Please help me ;)!

You should read this thread, I gave instruction (credit from someone else) on page 1 for Snow Leopard. For Lion, you could do the same and adjust to new file name in Lion.

Diederik said:
Hi Guys,

Glad to find out that you managed to successfully boot or RAID0 systems.
I was wondering wether you were able to help me out a bit.

Chimera 1.5.4 is supposed to work with RAID0. The change log says I have to use the flag SkipFTFix=yes. I did that, but no result.

Maybe my fault is that I wrongfully installed Chimera. I just downloaded the package (on my single disk safe boot), selected my RAID0 disk, and installed it.

Still, when I boot it gives me an "Can't find mach_kernel" or a KP with Can't find drivers for APCI (or something, can't remember it).

Please help me ;)!

cwzkevin said:
You should read this thread, I gave instruction (credit from someone else) on page 1 for Snow Leopard. For Lion, you could do the same and adjust to new file name in Lion.

Is there documentation for the recommended procedure for a RAID 0 boot array under Chimera 1.5.4? I'm curious as to the details:

• 1. Is the Facetime Fix Skip flag only required in Lion, and not Snow Leopard?

2. Is the procedure the same whether you have the bootloader on the RAID array itself, versus say a USB stick (booting Chimera off a USB, then OSX from a RAID 0 array, that is)?

3. Should the install be automatic, or is your posted method the default procedure (applying to each slice in Terminal)?

The last time I did Software RAID boot was using aquaman's procedure: (same deal)

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... thread=613

Don't know if it's gotten any better since then. Seems like we should code up a utility to do so, if that's the case.

Allright, I kept having problems with Chimera, so I simply gave up. Then, I decided to try the newest Chameleon which allowed me to boot without any difficulties.

I definitely recommend to use HackInstaller to install the bootloader, since it automatically installs it on every helper disk. I hope you'll be successful as well!

wait I thought that you can't boot or even install OSX with bios set to Raid0..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back