Graphics
8600gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
- would love to see multibeast be able to install Chimera to both hard drives in the Raid set.

Please use search rather than creating new threads.

skogmike said:
- would love to see multibeast be able to install Chimera to both hard drives in the Raid set.

We can always manually install Chimera bootloader to both harddisks in the Raid set. It is not too difficult, and only involves couple lines of terminal code.

Unpack standalone chimera package until you can't unpack anymore, (I use 7-zip to do so,) then you will find in usr/sbin folder fdisk440 and in usr/standalone folder boot0, boot1h, boot, etc. Copy above files to your desktop. Also, copy the well/perfect working Extra folder to your desktop. You need to add the raid drive's UUID to com.apple.Boot.plist (Snow Leopard), or org.chameleon.Boot.plist (Lion) under
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>boot-uuid=Your-raid-disk-UUID</string>
as well as the SkipFTFix=Yes (Lion)

Code:
cd ~/Desktop/
sudo fdisk440 -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
sudo fdisk440 -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1
sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3
sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s3
Code:
diskutil mount disk0s3
sudo cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX/
sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/Extra /Volumes/Boot\ OSX/Extra
diskutil unmount disk0s3
Code:
diskutil mount disk1s3
sudo cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX/
sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/Extra /Volumes/Boot\ OSX/Extra
diskutil unmount disk1s3
Code:
sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
f 3
w
q
sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk1
f 3
w
q
Before you restart, run Multibeast or standalone Chimera to install the bootloader on your Raid volume!
Done, you should be able to boot to the raid!

In couple of days I'm going to buy 2 x500GB Spinpont drivers for my RAID 0 to replace my 640GB WD Blue.
1. Can I create partitions on RAID array. I want to have two separate partiotions( on second one to have superduper compressed dmg image of the system partition so I can always recover)
2.I already have perfect EXTRA folder. Do i need to copy it to new RAID partition or terminal work does it.
3.When placing UUID, what happens to string arch=x86_64?

hmm, did it again. I've done this before about 5 times successfully in the past on multiple machines but for whatever reason its not flying this time.
I see both my Boot OS X drives and either one I select stats "cannot find mach_kernel" and returns me to the HDD Selection.
I'm able to boot up though if I have a USB Drive and use its boot loader. Seems like the boot loader can't see the hd(0,3) or hd(1,3).

That is now down as Fixed.

That means it should come through when the new Chimera is released.

notshy said:

Well, that is great! I certainly hope so. Thanks to everyone who fixes this bug. Thanks to MacMan!

cwzkevin said:
notshy said:

Well, that is great! I certainly hope so. Thanks to everyone who fixes this bug. Thanks to MacMan!

Chimera updated to 1.5.0, just don't know if this Raid boot issue been fixed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back