Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 6.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 6.2 Update

If you are having issues with MultiBeast running or any of it's kext you need to create a new topic in http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeast-bug-reports/ for the issue to be investigated. Any trouble repots posted here might get missed.

I use the same motherboard, and I just updated to 10.9.2 (from 10.9) and used this new Multibeast to restore drivers and kexts, including ALC-898 driver. So far haven't had any crashes, but when I sleep the machine, after it wakes up I have no audio -- I have to reboot to get it. I'm adding this as another data point.

Same exact issue. UD5H.

I believe there is something wrong with the Killer ALXEthernet v1.0.2 kext, it doesn't show up in Network. Installing it with kext wizard does the trick though using the kext in the Debug folder from gamester.

After updating to MB 6.2.1 on a AsRock x79 Extreme4 with Core i7 3820 running 10.9.2 installed with 6.1 (DSDT Free), everything was cool.
So I tried Mac Pro profile 6,1. ALC898 then stopped working (volume bar remained active and adjustable, simply with no sound).
Setting back to 5,3 it worked again.

I agree.
I am not an expert but have been using these great tools now for a few years. If your system is working adequately after an OSX update and reinstalling drivers/kexts (usually audio and/or network) with the current Mutilbeast it is generally not wise to change things with a newer version of Multibeast. If you enjoy hours of tweaking, rebooting and ultimately restoring from a system back-up then knock yourself out.

Don't know if I've done this correct to upload the image, but here is an image of my specs with the new pro 6.1 def using the latest Multibeast 6.2 and my rig is old hat compared to all the new hardware on the market to build a super high end rig. Whilst I agree with your post in general 'If it aint broke etc' another thought comes to mind 'Nothing ventured nothing gained'. After a few disasters and reinstalls, my general rule is always use a test disk to apply anything new before jumping right in and this hasn't failed me so far. As I reported in a previous post, MBeast 6.2 and new Mac Pro 6.1 installed was almost flawless, just had to reinstall audio.

Attachments

• eSaf's Rig.tiff
    146.5 KB · Views: 150
Working!
System Definitions -> Mac Pro 5,1
GA-G41MT-D3
Sound OK! - ALC887/888b Current v100302
Network OK! - RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90Graphics OK! XFX GTS 250 1GB
CPU Q6600 2 QUAD CORE COOLER H50 - VoodooTSCSync -> 4 Core OK!
ERROR SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL – fall back to old SMC mode
Not working hdd IN hwmonitor!
SMC error fix for Mavericks 1.0prob
icon_e_wink.gif
lem solved

Last edited by a moderator:

does any success with ALC889 in Multibeast 6.2.1 Mavericks 10.9.2?

I have an ALC889 on Z68MX-UD2H and installed this version without DDST successfully but after sleep I lose audio and have to reboot.

I'll go back to the Multibeast 6.1 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back