Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 6.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
On GA H87N-Wifi rev1, Mavericks 10.9.2. After updating to Multibeast 6.2.1 audio, the audio no longer works AFTER I put my computer to sleep and then wake from it. Anyone have any thoughts?

was running 10.9.2 with multibeat 6.1 and everything was fine. Updated to multibeast 6.2 and having odd issues like the 898 audio driver. Audio works on boot but if the system goes to sleep and wakes, audio will not function. Going back to 6.1 drivers for now. motherboard is a UD5H.

Article: MultiBeast 6.2 Update

If you've installed 10.9.2 and updated with MultiBeast 6.1, then simply choose the new choices in this version and install over the existing setup.

:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Run MultiBeast just selecting the changed audio, FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins (optional) and appropriated Ethernet driver;
:ch: Reboot; and
:ch: Repair permissions* again.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Updated my 10.9.2 MultiBeast 6.1 to 6.2 with this Guidance and everything works. :thumbup:

Intel i3-4330
GA-H87N-WIFI (without WIFI)
internal Graphics

Multibeast Options:
Realtek ALC892 (without DSDT)
HDAEnabler
FakeSMC V6.0.1123
Atheros -> ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Intel -> AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4

I use the same motherboard, and I just updated to 10.9.2 (from 10.9) and used this new Multibeast to restore drivers and kexts, including ALC-898 driver. So far haven't had any crashes, but when I sleep the machine, after it wakes up I have no audio -- I have to reboot to get it. I'm adding this as another data point.
Same problem with my ALC-898 and also same problem on other hackintosh with ALC-892.

MultiBeast 6.2.1 is now available and contains the correct ALC887/88b Current 100302 for 10.9.2.

hello tried ga-Z77-DS3H ALC887 not working hdmi

ga-Z77-DS3H ALC887 not working hdmi who can help me

Updated my 10.9.2 MultiBeast 6.1 to 6.2 with this Guidance and everything works. :thumbup:

Intel i3-4330
GA-H87N-WIFI (without WIFI)
internal Graphics

Multibeast Options:
Realtek ALC892 (without DSDT)
HDAEnabler
FakeSMC V6.0.1123
Atheros -> ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Intel -> AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4

everything back!!

after 5min Network dosent work :banghead:
now i try the 2.5.4d Intel Driver...

GA-Z77-DS3H ALC887 not working hdmi

everything back!!

after 5min Network dosent work :banghead:
now i try the 2.5.4d Intel Driver...

copying over smb is ok...
but copying over afp and the connection crashes!!

now i try the 2.4.14 Intel Ethernet Driver...

... 2.4.14 WORKS !

After updating the ALC898 driver for my Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H motherboard, sound would stop working after waking from sleep. I tried reinstalling the driver, but the same thing happened. I ended up restoring the previous version of the driver from a Time Machine backup, and now sound works fine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back