Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.5 Update

I still get kernel panic with the new AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. when I delete it the machine boots fine. the only problem is that the benchmark is much slower since i installed 10.8.5. Anybody know what happened. speedstep works also. checked it with hwm. also i don´t have nullcpupowermanagement.kext. still it boots perfect. except the low performance.

anyone ?

can i boot from drive instead of usb now

Thanks MacMan!

Any idea on how to fix the boot0: Done issue? NOT the boot0: error. No error is show, just 4 lines ending with boot0: done. I was hoping this update would fix it.. but alas.. no.. :( I can boot from USB; but would like to fix..

This issue only seems to happen when someone uses the migration wizard, like me.. :( So far; no luck.. everyone seems clueless and just points me to the boot0: error fix on this site.

I had the same problem... Do you have a dual boot installation? I have windows 8 and ML in a partitioned hardrive...

The solution was published in http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

You need to reboot from USB ML install disc and unmount your MacOs X drive (with disc utility). Then,
Launch Terminal and type a
command

Code:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2​

I press ENTER and could restart without the USB :)

[FONT=&quot]Success in upgrading to ML10.8.5. Great thank to MacMan and all contributors. I upgraded from ML10.8.4 via 10.8.5 Combo Update and then applied MultiBeast 5.5. I confirmed these are working: Normal boot, DVI, LAN port, USB2, USB3, Audio, App Store, iTune Store, Home Sharing with Apple TV, Sleep and wake up, boot from Unibeast 2.1. I don’t know these are working or not because I am not using them: HDMI, WIFI, Bluetooth.[/FONT]

installation failed for AICPM 10.8.5 and now i have kernel panic and i'm unable to load osx even if -x ..... :||||

Applehda now works with the x79 board is awsome

Does not work with my X79 UP4!!!

Network and Marvell also still not working!!!

Does not work with my X79 UP4!!!

Network and Marvell also still not working!!!

If you are still using 0x3000 you need change to 0x2000

I have the same MB.
did you manage to install chimera 2.2 ?
Everytime i try, i have kernel panic .

Naturally i have the same problem with audio :(

Fabrizio

I ran the update, everything worked fine, did the new MultiBeast 5.5 and now audio doesn't work? any ideas? i updated the ALC892 with DSDT and tried without DSDT version also? i have a Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 if anyone can help that would be awesome!

Hey so I think I fixed this, at least my USB 3.0 working for me now. USB 3.0 did not work after installing 10.8.5 and updating with MultiBeast 5.5. I updated to GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.6d2 manually via Kextbeast and then added under <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>-gux_defer_usb2</string> to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and restarted. They work when empty at reboot as well. Hope this helps. This is on a GA-Q77M-D2H mobo.

Here are the two sources for the fix.
GenericUSBXHCI v1.2.6d2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/Snapshots/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/page-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back