Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 4.0.1: Lion Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
peripatew said:
Using 4.0.1 caused me to have to use GraphicsEnabler=no on boot, I tried to install it via multibeast, but now I get Installation Failed when I try to install anything?

I had to redo an old multibeast bootloader in order to get my Install partition to boot so I could reinstall over Lion.

I tried MB 4.0.1 on both machines.
The 73PVM-S2H is fine with it and running really well.
Ironic really because it's one of the most OSX unfriendly boards! :crazy:

On the P55A-UD3, I only previously only needed FakeSMC and ACL8**HDA with everything else, including orange icons taken care of by the DSDT.

When I ran MB 4.0.1 it meant I now needed either JMicronSATA or the other new kext to keep the orange icons away and it didn't seem as responsive so I went back to running Chimera 1.5.3 and having those two kexts in Extra/Extensions.

I have the marvel Sata 3 9128 controller and I installed the new kext and now Tuxera is crashing on the sata 3 drive that is formatted NTFS. In fact the whole system beach balls, I didn't select any other option in Multibeast, so you might want to not select that kext until the bugs get worked out.

I used this version on my lion. the I found so exciting thing is that my desktop is no longer freeze now. thanks tony, you are the best!

after applying the 4.0.1 multibeast update I cannot access my usb keyboard and mouse. The system comes up but I don't know how to fix. Please help.

:lol: I fricking love you guys!

After using multibeast, migrating extentions, and whatnot (not installing any kexts). My Lion system is back to be a healthy camper and on top of things.

Beter geekbench (up from 10K-12K to 13-15K. Odd to see the jump, I know I updated to the latest Bios and DSDT that was released today).

Good stuff. Sleep, every is good. *applauds*

Code:
npci=0x2000
usually ca be used in NVidia card?
I have any improvement to use this flag? :?:

Many thanks MacMan and Tonymacx86 :wave:

Before you use the new 3rd party Sata kext please make sure you remove the JMicron36xx.kext and the IO block Injector and clear the caches. Make sure you only pick 1 and not both sata and esata or you will beachball your system and cause IO to crash.

mactopc said:
after applying the 4.0.1 multibeast update I cannot access my usb keyboard and mouse. The system comes up but I don't know how to fix. Please help.

The same here: no USB, so no login. System is running, i can access it remotely. USB rollback was selected and the rest was usual for my system. Too bad we have no native iBoot for Lion:(, now I have to install something just to rollback to old Multibeast, 4.x is no go at the moment.

Repaired Lion installation with 3.8 - everything works again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back