Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MultiBeast 3.8.0 - Disable Instant Menu

I have installed 10.7 on a GA-P35-DS4 and have chosen the option in Multibeast to use Instant Menu (mistakenly thinking Instant Menu meant that it would not show the tonymacx86 logo but would go straight to Apple Logo).

I have manually removed the Instant Menu, Yes lines from the com.Apple.boot.plist and run Multibeast > System Utilities however I still have the boot stopping and showing me the various boot partitions.

What else does this option change? or more correctly what do I need to do to revert to not using Instant Menu?

Taio1Cruz said:
I need help! I installed the 10.6.8 combo Update than I used Multibeast 3.8.0 after that I need the iBoot CD for every Boot, I am not able to Mount Diskimages and if I try to use a USB drive it doesn´t appear (The same thing is when I try to use a DVD or CD)

I am have these same issues, USB thumbdrive and external hard drive won't mount, nor will DMG files (I get "Warning - The following disk images couldn't be opened
-Image - Reason
- Firefox 6.0.dmg - Device not configured" which is a real bummer.)

Also, after Software update I got a frozen screen with me the white text on black background that tell you to show a photo of it to somebody, but it gave no error details. I rebooted with iBoot disk to type this in via Safari.

We had our system running under MacOSX Server 10.6.7 and Multibeast 3.7.X for several months with a CalDigit USB3 PCIe-Card without any problem. After upgrading to MacOSX Server 10.6.8 (Combo), Multibeast 3.8.0 and the actual CalDigit USB3 drivers the attachmed USB3 devices (neither USB2 devices attached to this card) do not work anymore. Reverting to Multibeast 3.7.3 and previous CalDigit USB3 driver has no effect, even be reinstalling MacOSX Server 10.6.8 (Combo) again.

Any hints? Thank you very much.

the_gael said:
I have installed 10.7 on a GA-P35-DS4 and have chosen the option in Multibeast to use Instant Menu (mistakenly thinking Instant Menu meant that it would not show the tonymacx86 logo but would go straight to Apple Logo).

I have manually removed the Instant Menu, Yes lines from the com.Apple.boot.plist and run Multibeast > System Utilities however I still have the boot stopping and showing me the various boot partitions.

What else does this option change? or more correctly what do I need to do to revert to not using Instant Menu?

Hello

put in the com.Apple.boot.plist the following key pair:

Code:
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>

You could set the line for the Instant Menu to "no".

best regards

relume said:
the_gael said:

Hello

put in the com.Apple.boot.plist the following key pair:

Code:
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>

You could set the line for the Instant Menu to "no".

best regards

Thank you will try that later on!

ibbymacx said:
Chimera works fine from iBoot CD, but after installing MultiBeast and Chimera on HDD i cant boot into SL. Gives me Ati Posted error, and with GraphicsEnaber=No it goes to Apple logo and stucks. Please help me !

I have the same problem. iBoot CD works fine, but booting from Hard-Disk isn't (I got a failed install message right after the Mac OS X's fresh install).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

i have this problem installed leopard and successfully updated to 10.6.8 but the problem is i can't boot from HDD i should boot from iboot cd only + the leopard is not recognizing my i5 processor ...
my system >
motherboard > intel DH61WW
processer > i5 3.3Ghz sandy bridge 2500

thank a lot for this info, i'll try install on my machine (Intel E2140 + 2GB RAM + GMA 950). I hope be success!

Most of the replies on here have nothing to do with multibeast and they should of had their own topic made in the appropriate support forum.

Unless Multibeast itself crashes or has an error, it doesn't belong in this thread.

That being said, where is 3.9?

Some questions that crossed my silly mind. :crazy:

• When I ran MultiB for the first time it came up with an error in the end?
    [/*:m:3r8dqd5z]
  • How can you tell what kext you have installed?
    [/*:m:3r8dqd5z]
  • Is there a document with explanation what the choices in multiB is? ex: "PCI Root ID fix", "NullCPUPowermanagement", "IOPCIFamily Fix" etc. Some of them gives sense, others dont.[/*:m:3r8dqd5z]

Cheers
Soren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back