Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 2.1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MultiBeast 2.1.3

aleister said:
can we install ATi5000 Cards now in one Step via Multibeast 2.1.3 without Problems ?
As I posted in the iBoot 5xxx thread, install ATY_Init, reboot and then install one of the ATI5xxx Support packages.

First of all Thanks macman and tony :headbang:

After a lot of trial and error and reading i have got a full working Hackintosh.
Since all these updates of multibeast and the progression of the 5xxx series drives and the possiblity of a Vanilla install in the future im going to purchase a ATI 5870 next week

I believe using the imac 2010 update and adding my device id to the control and x3000 info.plist in the kexts with the install of aty_init should give a great result.

Once again thanks to the both of you

Exodus

Which Framebuffer do you use in MultiBeast, Vervet or Urakai? Wouldn't it be a good idea to have the choice of a Vervet-patched ATY_init for single display and the unpatched for Dual? :)

Thanks for the update, will try it this evening :)

_____ :beachball:

MacMan said:
aleister said:
can we install ATi5000 Cards now in one Step via Multibeast 2.1.3 without Problems ?
As I posted in the iBoot 5xxx thread, install ATY_Init, reboot and then install one of the ATI5xxx Support packages.

Interesting...since Multibeast 2.1.2, I've not had a problem with installing aty_init and the 5xxx kexts at the same time.

-AC3

xbb said:
Is there anything to check the 5870's fan speed / temperature?

Use the new fakesmc from here and install K-Stat-i found in the same thread.

EDIT:
The new fakesmc won't display GPU temp, apperently since no one of the developers know how to get the RPM from that cards :(

Like mine:
Code:
Aug 11 19:18:49 hobel kernel[0]: FakeSMC_Radeon: found 68b8 chip
Aug 11 19:18:49 hobel kernel[0]: FakeSMC_Radeon:  have no mmio

______ :beachball:

ScotchTape said:
xbb said:
Is there anything to check the 5870's fan speed / temperature?

Use the new fakesmc from here and install K-Stat-i found in the same thread.

EDIT:
The new fakesmc won't display GPU temp, apperently since no one of the developers know how to get the RPM from that cards :(

Like mine:
Code:
Aug 11 19:18:49 hobel kernel[0]: FakeSMC_Radeon: found 68b8 chip
Aug 11 19:18:49 hobel kernel[0]: FakeSMC_Radeon:  have no mmio

______ :beachball:

It does work just download the radeon b10 kext from the forum there and replace :) Instead, controlling fan speed is not possible yet?

MacMan said:
aleister said:

Card is working great, Thanks guys, one question....
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68be
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318
Displays:
Acer X223W:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Display Connector:

This card ( GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB) has 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort. I have two monitors plugged into to the two DVI, I do not have any DVI adapters to play with atm. I'm assuming that the Display Connector with no display attached is for the DiplayPort. Any tips/tricks to get the two DVI working? I have plugged, and unplugged the monitors several times.

xbb said:
It does work just download the radeon b10 kext from the forum there and replace :) Instead, controlling fan speed is not possible yet?

Whoops, overread that. Is it in that thread?

_____ :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back