Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Download MultiBeast Here

2.1.4 Released 2010-08-13

Visible Changes:
  • - Renamed ATY_Init to ATY_Init Uakari to reflect which ATI 5xxx Frame Buffer is configured
    - Added ATY_Init Vervet which uses the Vervet Frame Buffer for 57xx cards
    - Renamed ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 to ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 (8408)
    - Removed ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.10 (Mac Mini Drivers)
    - Removed Verbose Options from com.apple.boot.plist
    - Added 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No to Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist
    - Added 64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No to Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist

2.1.3 Released 2010-08-08

Visible Changes:
  • - Renamed ATI 5xxx Support to ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.10
    - Added ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13

Internal Changes:
  • - Upgraded ATY_Init to a version that includes support for ATI Radeon 5700 Series
    - Fixed ATI 5xxx Support so that it no longer installs ATY_Init
    - Added to ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 every ATI 5xxx device id from AMD Developer site

2.1.2 Released 2010-08-05

Internal Changes:
  • - Fixed VoodooHDA 0.2.2 to install the correct version
    - Fixed VoodooHDA 0.2.56 to install the correct version
    - Fixed VoodooHDA 0.2.61 to install the correct version

2.1.1 Released 2010-07-24

Internal Changes:
  • - Fixed permissions problems with HDAEnabler and VoodooHDA

2.1.0 Released 2010-07-23

Visible Changes:
  • - Added VoodooHDA to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio
    - Added VoodooHDA Experimental to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio
    - Moved VoodooHDA 0.2.1 to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> VoodooHDA Official
    - Added VoodooHDA 0.2.2 to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> VoodooHDA Official
    - Moved VoodooHDA 0.2.61 to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> VoodooHDA Experimental
    - Restored VoodooHDA 0.2.56 to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> VoodooHDA Experimental
    - Added PCI Root ID Fix to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics
    - Added Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> Enablers
    - Moved NVEnabler from Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> Enablers
    - Moved ATY_init from Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> Enablers
    - Added Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI and moved all ATI options under it
    - Renamed ATI 48xx for 10.6.2 in Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI to ATI 4800 10.5 Rollback to better reflect what it is.
    - Renamed ATI 48xx QE Exotic Patch for 10.6.3 in Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI to ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.3
    - Added ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.4 in Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI
    - Added ATI 5xxx Support in Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI
    - Removed LegacyATI4800Controller in Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics
    - Added ATI 48xx Device Injector which contains every ATI 48xx device id from AMD Developer site to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI
    - Added Realtek Gigabit Ethernet to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Network
    - Moved RealtekR1000SL to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Network -> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet -> Realtek R1000SL
    - Added Realtek RTL8169 Ethernet to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Network -> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet
    - Renamed Intel82566MM to Intel 82566 Family Gigabit Ethernet in Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Network
    - Replaced USBFamilyMOD 9.9.9 in Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Miscellaneous with IOUSBFamily 10.6.2 Rollback
    - Removed 10.3.1 Supported Kernel from Advanced Options -> Optional Kernels as it's unnecessary with 10.6.4.
    - Added 10.4.0 Patched Kernel to Advanced Options -> Optional Kernels
    - Changed all MacPro4,1 smbios.plist's to MacPro3,1 smbios.plist
    - Renamed MacPro4,1 in Advanced Options -> smbios.plist to Mac Pro
    - Renamed iMac11,1 in Advanced Options -> smbios.plist to iMac
    - Renamed MacBookPro6,1 in Advanced Options -> smbios.plist to MacBook Pro

Internal Changes:
  • - Changed EasyBeast Supported and Unsupported to use IOUSBFamily 10.6.2 Rollback instead of USBFamilyMOD 9.9.9
    - Updated ATY_init in Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> Enablers to the latest version supporting ATI 5xxx.
    - Added to ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.3 every ATI 48xx device id from AMD Developer site
    - Added to ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.4 every ATI 48xx device id from AMD Developer site
    - Added to ATI 5xxx Support every ATI 5xxx device id from AMD Developer site

Re: MultiBeast 2.1.0

Thank you for ati 5xxx support!

Thank you guys for all your hard work. I'm still having trouble with my Radeon HD4850. I just found a post that described how to edit the kext file for merging the two ID's into one, and duplicating it for both Ports. Would you know if the new multibeast fixes this?

great work on the 5xxx support guys!

does 2.1.0 include any updates to LegacyHDA889a? and do we still need IOAHCIBlockStorage after installing this?

rich said:
great work on the 5xxx support guys!

does 2.1.0 include any updates to LegacyHDA889a? and do we still need IOAHCIBlockStorage after installing this?
Thanks, hopefully 5xxx installs should go smoothly.

LegacyHDA889a hasn't changed in 2.1.0.

You will still need IOAHCIBlockStorage or JMicron36xSATA to eliminate the orange drive icon. Or you can always replace the icon, see Lnx2Mac post on how to do that.

When i try and install 5000 support it says could not install system extension for all the ati stuff. I am using dsdt for a ud2 board. does it matter if the board is 1.0 or 1.1?

MacMan said:
You will still need IOAHCIBlockStorage or JMicron36xSATA to eliminate the orange drive icon. Or you can always replace the icon, see Lnx2Mac post on how to do that.
This is the one... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2754

lpstudio said:
When i try and install 5000 support it says could not install system extension for all the ati stuff. I am using dsdt for a ud2 board. does it matter if the board is 1.0 or 1.1?
I just did an install on a freshly built 10.6.4 system with no problems.

Looks like we have different mb's though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back