Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 2.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
davidlee123 said:
Where can I find MultiBeast 2.0.5? I think the one found in /Public/MultiBeast.zip is still showing 2.0.3 in the opening screen. Thanks.
Sorry about that, I had uploaded the wrong zip.

Corrected.

Have a question regarding how MultiBeast works. I noticed when I install a particular item (for example LegacyAppleRTC) with MultiBeast, the very first time, the action will be "Install", next time I am in MultiBeast and select the same item, it will show "upgrade". This is true even if I had deleted the corresponding Extension in /S/L/E or /E/E. Is it suppose to still show "upgrade" when the extension had already been removed?

Thanks.

davidlee123 said:
Have a question regarding how MultiBeast works. I noticed when I install a particular item (for example LegacyAppleRTC) with MultiBeast, the very first time, the action will be "Install", next time I am in MultiBeast and select the same item, it will show "upgrade". This is true even if I had deleted the corresponding Extension in /S/L/E or /E/E. Is it suppose to still show "upgrade" when the extension had already been removed?

Thanks.
That is the way Apple's Package system works. The 1st time a package is run, you choose a volume for install. Any subsequent installs you'll notice you are not prompted for the volume and it shows up as an upgrade. This is purely a cosmetic thing.

Hey Macman, earlier this month I asked will multibeast correct the problem that I'll into, being as how I have a integrated Intel Graphics HD accelerator graphics card. I believe you responded back to me,.. at this point I'm not to sure but, I was told that I would be limited to the resolution of 1024x768. However, I seen a buddy of mine Dell inspiron e1505 running OSX 10.5 at a much higher screen resolution and he has a Intel Integrated 950 graphics card.

I could be wrong, but if a Intel Integrated 950 graphics card on a Dell Inspiron e1505 is running at a much higher resolution for 10.5, can 10.6 run just as effectively with my Inspiron 1764 with a integrated Intel Graphics HD accelerator graphics card?

sbutler5 said:
Hey Macman, earlier this month I asked will multibeast correct the problem that I'll into, being as how I have a integrated Intel Graphics HD accelerator graphics card. I believe you responded back to me,.. at this point I'm not to sure but, I was told that I would be limited to the resolution of 1024x768. However, I seen a buddy of mine Dell inspiron e1505 running OSX 10.5 at a much higher screen resolution and he has a Intel Integrated 950 graphics card.

I could be wrong, but if a Intel Integrated 950 graphics card on a Dell Inspiron e1505 is running at a much higher resolution for 10.5, can 10.6 run just as effectively with my Inspiron 1764 with a integrated Intel Graphics HD accelerator graphics card?

The 950 and the x3100 are supported, however the Core i Intel GMA graphics are not yet. We're workin on it. ;)

sbutler5 said:

H55 graphics is a different beast than the 950 and is still not supported.

I recently picked up a H55 board and will be working on it, but no guarantees.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

i'm waiting for a new version of multibeast, including hdx5 vga support..
on this post:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... &p=1505464
a user made possible using the bootloader's graphicsenabler instead of the aty_init kext, resulting in 64 bit flawless operational
what direction are you going to follow?
would it be the same to use multibeast 2.0.5, install chamaleon & aty_init, boot in 32 bit mode and then replace the bootloader, following the procedure of tmongkol?
it sounds like doing the same thing twice..
thank you very much

MacMan said:
H55 graphics is a different beast than the 950 and is still not supported.

I recently picked up a H55 board and will be working on it, but no guarantees.

Oh yes, man. This would be great: Besides my ASRock P55 which is running pretty good with 10.6.4 (see the other topic) I have still one ECS H55H-M here on my shelf and I'd like to throw my Pentium G6950 on it. But so far no luck: Whenever I start up, even in secure mode, system would hang shortly before coming to the graphics interface.

By the way: I did not even try to install on that machine, as it tended to instantly reboot when I tried to boot the Install DVD (using iBoot). I just use one fresh SL Image 10.6.4 that I created on my other machine.

Whenever you have anything ready for the i X integrated graphics I'd be honored to help you testing it on my rig.

Regards,
Bakunin

tonymacx86 said:
The 950 and the x3100 are supported, however the Core i Intel GMA graphics are not yet. We're workin on it. ;)
Dear MacMan/tonymacx86 thank you for the hours you guys spent on MultiBeast, allow me to ask if there's a chance to include support for my (embedded) Intel GMA3100 graphics adapter, if of course it's similar to GMA950, that I hope I can use in the future. Unfortunately I confirmed it's not X3100 but plain 3100... Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back