Contribute
Register

Multibeast 10 cannot mount or unmount EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheDownloadWanter

What happens if you try to mount the EFI volume in Terminal using the following commands:

Code:
diskutil mount /dev/disk?s1
echo "Return Code = $?"

Replace the ? with the disk number of the volume you want to mount

Code:
Volume EFI on /dev/disk0s1 mounted
Return Code = 0

@davidr418

I see the issue is your directory name doesn't match what I'm checking for.

Your directory is named Clover while the directory name I'm checking for is CLOVER.

How did you install Clover? That is not the directory name used in the Clover source.

The directory name is in fact CLOVER; I mistyped in my message.

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 6.01.46 PM.png

When I try to mount with Clover Configurator, I get this error message:

"I can't find a config file. Do you want mount EFI partition?"

So MultiBeast won't mount because it can't find config.plist, and thus thinks that the EFI partition doesn't have Clover installed. Clover Configurator doesn't see the file, either, but will mount the EFI partition it if I insist. EFI Mounter and "diskutil mount" work fine because they don't look for this file.

Perhaps running the latest Clover installer would fix whatever subtle problem there is...let's give that a try.

UPDATE: Mmmm...that would be no, installing a new version of Clover makes no difference. However, as another respondent on this thread has noticed, mounting the partition with Clover Configurator seems to allow Multibeast to succeed.

Last edited:
Removed additional drive and received same error.

config.plist path is /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

EDIT: Installation appearst to succeed and unmount when the partition is manually mounted using Clover Configurator

Thank you for this, its a good workaround :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back