Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i5-7600K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
When using Multibeast for post-install on High Sierra, Multibeast is unable to mount & unmount the EFI partition after the first installation. In previous attempts (not demonstrated in the log), I've been able to mount the partition manually using Clover Configurator, after which Multibeast.log suggests that installation succeeds but still fails to unmount (no install.log available for these attempts - apologies, I'm new to this).

Logs below reflect an initial Quick Start/UEFI Boot Mode install, following which I successfully booted from the drive (Samsung SSD 850)

EDIT: note that I believe that this issue is distinct from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-10-high-sierra-failed.236950/ as it doesn't appear to be a 'false positive' based on install.txt. The following from install.log appears to be associated with the error:

2017-11-10 17:20:08-06 Users-iMac deleted[348]: diskmanagement: [DMManager(PrivateMethods) clientConforms:error:]: currentThread=10247=0x2807 expectedThread=12299=0x300b

Attachments

• install.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 284
  • multibeast.txt
    808 bytes · Views: 288
Last edited:
Any guidance available on whether mounting manually is a temporary workaround? Barring that, any rough ETA on the fix?

Sadly, Multibeast 10.1 has the same issue with my High Sierra APFS boot volume. The log file says:

11/12/17 12:58:56 - Starting MultiBeast 10.1.0-20171111
11/12/17 12:59:19 - Mounting EFI
11/12/17 12:59:19 - EFI partition for volume does not contain a CLover config.plist. Exiting.

The only problem is that there IS a "config.plist" on the EFI volume, right there in the Clover folder where it's supposed to be.

Attachments

• MultiBeast.txt
    182 bytes · Views: 286
  • install.txt
    63.5 KB · Views: 353
How many disks are installed in the system?

What is their format, HFS+ or APFS?

What is the complete path for the config.plist?

There are two SSDs and one HD in the system. The boot SSD is APFS; the other two volumes are HFS. The complete path to the config.plist file is:

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

Hey. I think I see the problem. Why is there an EFI folder at the root of the EFI volume?

Reporting the same error as above - boot drive is SSD, additional drive is JHFS+

@davidr418

I see the issue is your directory name doesn't match what I'm checking for.

Your directory is named Clover while the directory name I'm checking for is CLOVER.

How did you install Clover? That is not the directory name used in the Clover source.

Removed additional drive and received same error.

config.plist path is /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

EDIT: Installation appearst to succeed and unmount when the partition is manually mounted using Clover Configurator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back