AMD Radeon HD 6770M [DDR5 2GB]
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello :)

I have a synaptics touchpad, and I know it supports at least three finger gestures. But how do I enable and configure the gestures?

kind regards,
Yugo

Hello :)

I have a synaptics touchpad, and I know it supports at least three finger gestures. But how do I enable and configure the gestures?

kind regards,
Yugo

Configure them in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts. Do the swipe instead of pressing keys.

Thanks RehabMan! It works. :)

Is there any way to enable the swipe in safari to go to the previous site?

Thanks RehabMan! It works. :)

Is there any way to enable the swipe in safari to go to the previous site?

There is a way, but requires changing the key mapping. The keys are coded in the Info.plist for the VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext.

Thank you RehabMan,
what about a three-finger tap on a touchpad?

I would like to assign a three-finger tap to a shortcut in the keyboard menu.
But if I tap with three fingers it is not recognized.

Thank you RehabMan,
what about a three-finger tap on a touchpad?

With my Synaptics driver, three-finger tap maps to middle button.

In which file can I edit this?

I would like to be able to look words up in the dictionary (like real MacBooks) with the three finger tab.
There is a shortcut in the keyboard settings, but if I press the middle button (I guess you mean of the mouse) again nothing happens.

In which file can I edit this?

I would like to be able to look words up in the dictionary (like real MacBooks) with the three finger tab.
There is a shortcut in the keyboard settings, but if I press the middle button (I guess you mean of the mouse) again nothing happens.

Three finger tap on the Synaptics trackpad sends a middle button click. There are various functions you can assign directly to it in SysPrefs->Mission Control. And third party apps (such as Karabiner and Better Touch Tool) that allow you to map mouse button to actions.

BetterTouchTool looks really great, unfortunately it says "no multitouch capable touchpad found".

And none of the gestures and actions I declared is working :(

In Karabiner I do not see how I could assign three finger, or middle button click to some keys.

BetterTouchTool looks really great, unfortunately it says "no multitouch capable touchpad found".

And none of the gestures and actions I declared is working :(

Certain parts of BTT don't work, but some do.

In Karabiner I do not see how I could assign three finger, or middle button click to some keys.

You'll need to read the Karabiner documentation (specifically private.xml).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back