Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just got a second monitor for my Hackintosh, but whenever I plug it in, I get a kernel panic. If I plug it in when the computer is shutdown, I get a kernel panic in the middle of the boot process. I can get it to boot with my original monitor, but if I plug in the second one afterwards, I get an immediate panic.

Also, I often get kernel panics unless I boot in verbose mode.

I am running Mac OS 10.10.4. I have a Gigabyte GA-z87-D3H motherboard, with an Intel i5 4670k. I don't have a graphics card; instead I am using the onboard HD 4600 graphics. The main monitor is plugged in via HDMI, and the secondary monitor is plugged into the VGA port.

I am completely stumped by this and would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

So, I got a DVI cable. However, when I boot the computer, instead of the normal Chameleon GUI, I get a text prompt. If I select Macintosh HD, the computer restarts. I can use the text prompt to boot into Windows, I only have the problem with Mac OS.

Will I need to reinstall?

Your motherboard has DVI,HDMI,DisplayPort so either use DVI or HDMI or DisplayPort don't use VGA OS X doesn't support VGA. its common to cause kernel panics when using VGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back