Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Thx a lot mate, all clear now. I think i have some thinking to do and re arrange my Hack. Starting with getting onboard WiFi and Bluetooth working. That will free up a PCI-E slot. I need Thunderbolt too eventually.

Hi;

I've upgraded from Ventura to Sonoma and Wifi (Fenvi-919) stop working as expected. I'm trying to enable wireless using Open Core Patcher (followed guides in the forum) . But when I run Post-Install Root Path there is no patche available for me

Screenshot 2566-10-14 at 11.29.25.png

So, I checked Hackintool and I didn't see Broadcom device, this card worked fine in Ventura

Screenshot 2566-10-14 at 11.24.58.png

I'm not sure what could be wrong here.

Thanks.
Kowit L.

Hi;

I've upgraded from Ventura to Sonoma and Wifi (Fenvi-919) stop working as expected. I'm trying to enable wireless using Open Core Patcher (followed guides in the forum) . But when I run Post-Install Root Path there is no patche available for me

View attachment 572962

So, I checked Hackintool and I didn't see Broadcom device, this card worked fine in Ventura

View attachment 572961

I'm not sure what could be wrong here.

Thanks.
Kowit L.
1. You should load IO80211FamilyLegacy and IO80211SkywalkFamily kexts in OC and block com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily.
2. Set System Integrity Protection to 0x803
3. Reset NVRAM

Be ready to see the broken LAN after patch ;(

1. You should load IO80211FamilyLegacy and IO80211SkywalkFamily kexts in OC and block com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily.
2. Set System Integrity Protection to 0x803
3. Reset NVRAM

Be ready to see the broken LAN after patch ;(
Oh, Broken LAN after patch? I didn't know that.
I better stick with LAN and Logitech Unify dongle for my mouse for now.

Oh, Broken LAN after patch? I didn't know that.
I better stick with LAN and Logitech Unify dongle for my mouse for now.
Unfortunately, i225V is out of order after this patch often.
I can't turn it on on my mobo, at least.

hi all, want to try run the onboard wifi and BT and watched some videos online but for Monetery.

Does anyone have some instructions to point me towards please? I am running VENTURA. I have a Fenvi BCM4360, but want to switch to onboard. Thanks a lot!

hi all, want to try run the onboard wifi and BT and watched some videos online but for Monetery.

Does anyone have some instructions to point me towards please? I am running VENTURA. I have a Fenvi BCM4360, but want to switch to onboard. Thanks a lot!

Hi folks, hoping to get some troubleshooting help. I'm getting the graphics-go-to-black-screen issue after what looks like a successful boot. This is after a Sonoma update.
I had a working OC 095 running Ventura on two NVMEs. It came from NATA's 088 updated using my best effort to 095.
I booted the backup drive, and updated to Sonoma (it gave me weird errors through System Settings -> update, but I downloaded the full package and it was fine). When I came back, I think it was booted up but at black screen. I wasn't sure what had happened, so I booted 095 to my primary drive, and installed Sonoma to the backup drive. When I came back, it was booted apparently cleanly to Sonoma, but IIRC wifi wasn't working (I have a wireless PCI card that allegedly is essentially the same as Apple hardware and is natively detected, "Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.111.1 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1766)" in system report), and drives other than the boot drive were not available, almost like it was in some sort of safe mode. Sound, ethernet, other stuff seemed ok.
But when I rebooted it black screened after boot.
I tried adding -v but it doesn't hang. It seems to boot up and goes to black screen. I should note it's a dual monitor setup.
I tried a 096 config I found on this thread, and it actually boots up to a logon screen! but after entering password, the screen went garbled, and then it black screened, didn't get to desktop.
The 096 config won't boot the Ventura drive, it hangs almost immediately.

I've attached the 095 config and the 096 config. Happy to provide any further details.

I guess first question, with the Radeon RX 6800 on Sonoma I assume I still need boot arg -wegnoigpu agdpmod=pikera? Just not with the RX 580 others are using? Perhaps I need to patch something for Sonoma for the RX 6800?

Thanks very much.

Attachments

• 95_config.plist
    35.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 96_config.plist
    32.6 KB · Views: 21
Is it possible to make a Hackintosh on this MSI Motherboard paired with a Celeron G6900 CPU ?

Back