Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

These are all my normal digs. And to be clear, with the 580 its fine. Running some more test before I start working.
Try to disable WEG.
I'm working without it.

Try to disable WEG.
I'm working without it.
Already gave that a go as well.

It actually took a long time to get back into macOS with the 580 but after a long while I'm in.

@sonny362 alright I've got it figured out.

I don't understand the why but I know how to get it to boot and I know how to break it. I need to let it boot loop until it basically gives up. This "giving up" is when instead of a soft restart the computer (or opencore) will actually turn off and back on. It does this hands free but after that it will reboot and continue to work.

I'll need to test what shutdowns do but an improper shutdown will result in the need to redo this. For example, sleep is borked on my system which will cause it to eventually improperly shutdown.

Anyways thats where I'm at. Progress. I will edit and clean up this post as I go.

Update: About that boot loop...endless looping now.

The issue--my 6600 XT boot loops, occasionally getting into macOS where i'm fine unless I do a shutdown. Restarts are ok.

Here's where I am with this.

Yesterday I was able get into macOS by simply letting OpenCore boot loop until it did a system reset. Then it would boot all the way into macOS. I could then do restarts all I wanted. However, any type of shutdown (proper or improper) would put me back at square one. This is inconsistent however as today it boot looped for about 2hrs with no signs of life.

I put the 580 back in and it immediately went into macOS. A couple of days ago when I put the 580 back in it continued to boot loop.

I'm looking for the patterns here. @Stork @CaseySJ any ideas?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hey there, one question, just wondering, I've got the same board, except it accepts DD5 memory, and I did the build with an i7 13700k… my question is, is there any way to make on board wireless, ethernet and bluetooth work natively? I've been trying a lot of kexts and ACPI amls… and I'm getting nowhere…
Please update your Profile Components.

@sonny362 alright I've got it figured out.

I don't understand the why but I know how to get it to boot and I know how to break it. I need to let it boot loop until it basically gives up. This "giving up" is when instead of a soft restart the computer (or opencore) will actually turn off and back on. It does this hands free but after that it will reboot and continue to work.

I'll need to test what shutdowns do but an improper shutdown will result in the need to redo this. For example, sleep is borked on my system which will cause it to eventually improperly shutdown.

Anyways thats where I'm at. Progress. I will edit and clean up this post as I go.

Update: About that boot loop...endless looping now.

The issue--my 6600 XT boot loops, occasionally getting into macOS where i'm fine unless I do a shutdown. Restarts are ok.

Here's where I am with this.

Yesterday I was able get into macOS by simply letting OpenCore boot loop until it did a system reset. Then it would boot all the way into macOS. I could then do restarts all I wanted. However, any type of shutdown (proper or improper) would put me back at square one. This is inconsistent however as today it boot looped for about 2hrs with no signs of life.

I put the 580 back in and it immediately went into macOS. A couple of days ago when I put the 580 back in it continued to boot loop.

I'm looking for the patterns here. @Stork @CaseySJ any ideas?

Next plan of attack:

1. Update bios. I've intentionally used an older version because with my 580 and Ultrawide monitor i've only been able to enter the bios one time due to a white screen. Perhaps with the 6600 XT things are different.

Next plan of attack:

1. Update bios. I've intentionally used an older version because with my 580 and Ultrawide monitor i've only been able to enter the bios one time due to a white screen. Perhaps with the 6600 XT things are different.
My hardware is exactly the same as yours
I will try to test your EFI tonight
Maybe this can help you troubleshoot
(If the exact same problem happens to me too)

My hardware is exactly the same as yours
I will try to test your EFI tonight
Maybe this can help you troubleshoot
(If the exact same problem happens to me too)
Awesome. I’ll look over the EFI again and make sure it’s right for you. Don’t forget to add a serial number.

Update: The EFI looks good. Like I said, just needs a serial. If the installer gives you trouble then I'd consider changing Secure Boot Model. If using OpenCore Configurator then make sure your versions match (0.9.2).

Last edited:
I ran into a strange and funny problem!!!
Can't mount EFI :)
Better to say none show EFI
I used all the software

HackinDROM
MountEFI
OpenCore Configurator
Clover Configurator
and terminal

But it doesn't mount on my MacBook M1 Ventura

When I run the Install macOS Ventura from USB, I can see and mount the usb EFI, but I don't have the permission to write on it!!!!
It is completely empty
I read the OpenCore Install Guide but nothing worked on m1

And on the contrary, if I run the Install macOS Ventura from the MacBook driver, I only have access to the EFI of the MacBook, which does not have write permission.

I still have my old Hackintosh and I think I should use it

Update:
ok i did it
First I formatted the USB with HackinDROM software and created an EFI partition, then created the Mac OS again using Terminal.
The EFI partition still exists
It looks like the USB is ready

Last edited:
I ran into a strange and funny problem!!!
Can't mount EFI :)
Better to say none show EFI
I used all the software

HackinDROM
MountEFI
OpenCore Configurator
Clover Configurator
and terminal

But it doesn't mount on my MacBook M1 Ventura

When I run the Install macOS Ventura from USB, I can see and mount the usb EFI, but I don't have the permission to write on it!!!!
It is completely empty
I read the OpenCore Install Guide but nothing worked on m1

And on the contrary, if I run the Install macOS Ventura from the MacBook driver, I only have access to the EFI of the MacBook, which does not have write permission.

I still have my old Hackintosh and I think I should use it

Update:
ok i did it
First I formatted the USB with HackinDROM software and created an EFI partition, then created the Mac OS again using Terminal.
The EFI partition still exists
It looks like the USB is ready
Hows it going?

To be clear, get the EFI over to the EFI Partition?

It was not successful
But I think it was for the motherboard (I'm using MSI for the first time and I'm not familiar with MSI settings)
I set up the SSD on the chipset slot
To be sure, I will move the SSD to the CPU slot
I will try again today
I will update the BIOS and make the settings again
I have selected several options for myself
1- Make the same USB EFI again
2- Make an external EFI on another USB (I have done this before for the old Hackintosh)
3- Start the old Hackintosh again and use it to build
What is clear is that the MacBook M1 is a dictatorship and Apple enjoys making the ecosystem more closed...
Today, I will recheck all the items and tell you the result

Back