Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

@NorthAmTransAm, i was finally able to get through and install! there were a few things i did:
1. I had my corsair RGB controllers all connected via USB and noticed there was an error with those, so i d/ced all of them.
2. I also tried installing with the installation USB through the back of the mobo vs via my computer case usb, for some reason it wouldn't cause an error if it was plugged in through the back

the other issue I ran into was that i also tried installing it on my previous SSD i used on my old hack and noticed Clover kept booting. I was really confused and tried loading the EFI partition on my MBP and noticed the clover files still there. Deleted and dropped in your custom EFI you made for me and VOILA!

So far so good, I'll keep an eye out over the next few days, but thanks for all your help!

@NorthAmTransAm, i was finally able to get through and install! there were a few things i did:
1. I had my corsair RGB controllers all connected via USB and noticed there was an error with those, so i d/ced all of them.
2. I also tried installing with the installation USB through the back of the mobo vs via my computer case usb, for some reason it wouldn't cause an error if it was plugged in through the back

the other issue I ran into was that i also tried installing it on my previous SSD i used on my old hack and noticed Clover kept booting. I was really confused and tried loading the EFI partition on my MBP and noticed the clover files still there. Deleted and dropped in your custom EFI you made for me and VOILA!

So far so good, I'll keep an eye out over the next few days, but thanks for all your help!

Woohoo! Glad it worked for you. Your post prompted me to try and do an install from scratch as I used an old install for the initial setup.

Don't forget to take a look at the USB section of my post. You're using my map now so refer to the diagrams and make your edits!

Is it possible to have a 12xxxk z690 system like yours run Mojave?

Doing some testing now. Off the bat we'll need to change our SMBIOS from Mac Pro 7,1 to iMac Pro 1,1. I'll be back in a few if its boots.

Update: I'll have to tackle it in the morning. I'm curious myself. For what its worth 12.3 is going great.

Last edited:
Use iMacPro1,1 and change Kernel>Emulate to a Coffee Lake CPUID instead of Comet Lake, for instance
Cpuid1Data <DE090600 00000000 00000000 00000000>

Use iMacPro1,1 and change Kernel>Emulate to a Coffee Lake CPUID instead of Comet Lake, for instance
Cpuid1Data <DE090600 00000000 00000000 00000000>

Makes sense to me. There ya have it @blinches. Thanks @etorix.

You'll need to replace my USB map with something else. I've attached a USB Map for iMacPro1,1-XHCI for now but there might be a better option (its in the EFI). Mind the USB section of the guide.

Note: I've attached a filled out EFI with all the info above. It has a serial, if it works generate a new one that meets Dortania guidelines after installation. Avoid signing into iCloud until then.

@CaseySJ Looking at your USBInjectall, I'm not seeing iMacPro1,1-XHCI. It has iMacPro1,1-XHC/ABPC. Do we add it to USBInjectAll's list or would it be better for us to do a name change XHC to XHCI? I assume its not there because the real iMacPro doesn't use it--thats what makes me thing to do a rename.

Attachments

• EFI iMacPro1,1.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
You are correct--I removed HS13 and HS14 (BT and TB-USB2.0) from my USB map and sleep works. Waking via network access actually. I like to remote in from my MacBook and tinker from the couch.

Upon further inspection its actually still not working. I bet if I removed the card it would.

I wonder where we go from here?

OK! An update. I followed this thread here, and I've got sleep working. I haven't tried enabling Wake From USB in BIOS. However I did notice that I can change the setting from BIOS to OS and USB Wake seemed to work. I'll try this again later.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 7.10.45 AM.png

I've also removed the USBX portion of SSDT-EC-USBX for now. I'll scale back later this morning and try to narrow it all down.

Still getting an error on reboot after sleep though.

Read here: https://github.com/dortania/bugtracker/issues/15

Update: I've concluded that USBX Properties on the MSI Z690 with Mac Pro 7,1 SMBIOS automatically are applied. If I remove those properties from SSDT-EC-USBX and my USBPorts.kext then the sleep functions correctly.

Last edited:
OK! An update. I followed this thread here, and I've got sleep working. I haven't tried enabling Wake From USB in BIOS. However I did notice that I can change the setting from BIOS to OS and USB Wake seemed to work. I'll try this again later.

View attachment 544102

I've also removed the USBX portion of SSDT-EC-USBX for now. I'll scale back later this morning and try to narrow it all down.

Still getting an error on reboot after sleep though.

Read here: https://github.com/dortania/bugtracker/issues/15

Update: I've concluded that USBX Properties on the MSI Z690 with Mac Pro 7,1 SMBIOS automatically are applied. If I remove those properties from SSDT-EC-USBX and my USBPorts.kext then the sleep functions correctly.
Did you end up adding HS13/HS14 for BT and TB USB2.0 back into your USB Map?

Curious if those don't need to mapped so it frees up 2 other ports.

Did you end up adding HS13/HS14 for BT and TB USB2.0 back into your USB Map?

Curious if those don't need to mapped so it frees up 2 other ports.

I use them myself but I realized lately that I dont need the 2.0 for TB.

@etorix @CaseySJ, OK, I'm at my whits end here with getting P+T+HT working.

SOLVED HERE

The proper solution was to set Intel Speed Shift to Enabled instead of Auto in bios

The only consistency I can find is that if I mismatch Platform Info UpdateSMBIOSMode and Kernel CustomSMBIOSGuid then DataProvider starts to work. Of course, with that mismatch I don't have a serial number and an unknown processor. I'm missing something here, but I just don't know what. Can you help me figure this one out?

To further explain the mismatch here's an example:

UpdateSMBIOSMode=Create
CustomSMBIOSGuid=Off/unchecked

Geekbench Scores
  • 1438/11440 (matching UpdateSMBIOSMode and CustomSMBIOSGuid)
  • 1804/12801 (mismatching UpdateSMBIOSmode and CustomSMBIOSGuid)

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.17.13 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.12.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.12.48 PM.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.17.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.17.58 PM.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.16.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.16.06 PM.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited: