Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

I did what you wrote for the Ethernet connection but it doesn't work... Any other ideas? For Bluetooth I solved by installing the keyboard and mouse on Windows.
Do you see the Ethernet card it Network settings? Try to set connection speed from auto to 1G (or 2,5G, if your router is 2,5G).

Hello everybody,
My MSI Z690 system, SMBIOS MacPro7.1 and OC 0.8.9, works fine. I dual boot macOS Ventura and Windows 11 on 2 separate SSDs.
Up until about twenty days ago, switching from macOS to Windows was perfectly regular; now instead, I don't know if I changed something inadvertently, during the boot phase, making the choice with the left and right arrows, the 2 systems load but then a black screen comes out, no video input.
After various attempts and reboots, I discovered that the DP cable on the RX 580 card position 1 (the one near the hdmi sockets) works with macOS, while I am forced to switch to the DP socket 2 if I start Windows.
With this trick, the black screen is activated immediately, and I can enter the login password.
How can I avoid this hassle and configure the system correctly as before.
I enclose screenshots of IOReg, Hackintool, and system settings all related to the monitor connection (a Philips 40 inch).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 10.49.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 10.49.31.png
    395.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 10.50.42.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 10.50.42.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 10.56.41.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 10.56.41.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 10.56.56.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 10.56.56.png
    341.5 KB · Views: 29
Hello everybody,
My MSI Z690 system, SMBIOS MacPro7.1 and OC 0.8.9, works fine. I dual boot macOS Ventura and Windows 11 on 2 separate SSDs.
Up until about twenty days ago, switching from macOS to Windows was perfectly regular; now instead, I don't know if I changed something inadvertently, during the boot phase, making the choice with the left and right arrows, the 2 systems load but then a black screen comes out, no video input.
After various attempts and reboots, I discovered that the DP cable on the RX 580 card position 1 (the one near the hdmi sockets) works with macOS, while I am forced to switch to the DP socket 2 if I start Windows.
With this trick, the black screen is activated immediately, and I can enter the login password.
How can I avoid this hassle and configure the system correctly as before.
I enclose screenshots of IOReg, Hackintool, and system settings all related to the monitor connection (a Philips 40 inch).
This is probably not the answer you are looking for but that happens on my AM5 machine sometimes, I have to spoof the ID of my graphics card and I pretty much assumed it was because of that. My fix is to unplug the monitor, it doesn't happen all the time. I'd bet resetting NVRAM would fix it too but haven't tried it.

This is probably not the answer you are looking for but that happens on my AM5 machine sometimes, I have to spoof the ID of my graphics card and I pretty much assumed it was because of that. My fix is to unplug the monitor, it doesn't happen all the time. I'd bet resetting NVRAM would fix it too but haven't tried it.
Hello Lesureone, thank you for your answer but in fact it is not what I was looking for.
If I have to disconnect the monitor every time I change the operating system, it's always a nuisance.
I also found that, contrary to what was reported in my previous post, DP 1 for MacOs and DP 2 for Win is not fixed but rather alternate depending on where the video link is before restarting. I also verified that if I choose Startup Disk from System Preferences for Win11 and instead MacOs from BootCamp if I'm on Windows 11, everything works fine without any need to move the DP connection.
Finally, I confirm that, first of all, I had already reset the Nvram through the start bar but it didn't have the desired effect.

Hello Lesureone, thank you for your answer but in fact it is not what I was looking for.
If I have to disconnect the monitor every time I change the operating system, it's always a nuisance.
I also found that, contrary to what was reported in my previous post, DP 1 for MacOs and DP 2 for Win is not fixed but rather alternate depending on where the video link is before restarting. I also verified that if I choose Startup Disk from System Preferences for Win11 and instead MacOs from BootCamp if I'm on Windows 11, everything works fine without any need to move the DP connection.
Finally, I confirm that, first of all, I had already reset the Nvram through the start bar but it didn't have the desired effect.
I get that, the way my desk is set up its easy for me to pull the power plug if needed, also I almost never use Windows so its not a huge issue for me. I've got two other systems sitting next to it that both dual boot windows and OSX and neither have this problem however I'm not confident that means its the graphics card configuration.

I get that, the way my desk is set up its easy for me to pull the power plug if needed, also I almost never use Windows so its not a huge issue for me. I've got two other systems sitting next to it that both dual boot windows and OSX and neither have this problem however I'm not confident that means its the graphics card configuration.
Hi Lesureone, I just tried your method, i.e. instead of changing the DP input on the video card I disconnected and reconnected the DP cable on the monitor side, and it works.

How strange! Why is this happening? some misconfiguration? I ask some experts.

Hi all!
I have same MOBO and same processor. I need help to be able to start the installer; PC hangs on the Apple. It is my third hackintosh. The first was with Snow Leopard, and the second with High Sierra which I still use. I am totally lost with OpenCore. Clover has always given me excellent results with my PCs and others, so I will continue using it. As I have already said, I have the same MOBO, same processor, Nvidia GTX 760, and I have an M2 hard drive which I could change for a SSD if necessary. I have followed tutorial in this post to the letter, but I have not achieved anything. I have the installer done in USB, can someone help me with the EFI?

Thanks a lot!

This is my EFI. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 48
Back