Contribute
Register

Msi P67A-GD65 and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tres bien!

Can you post a guide for how to update to this new kernel? I want to give it a try and see if I can get iBoot Legacy.

zibarie said:
That's where I am. a partial success I managed to do the update (10.6.7 cambo) + (kernel 10.6) that the boot disk in 32b or 64b.

sysinfo2.jpg
I apply Bridghelper 2 on the second partition, and there can not reboot with the kernel
mbp2011.jpg

I am inspired by the method Michote without using DSDT and PCIRootUID=1 .
i have nvidia card.
. viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16277
may be the solution is the dsdt?

I saw that autopatcher owns a patch for P67-GD55. the gd65 and gd55 have the same BIOS may be we can use the same patch.
may be those who knows the DSDT can we say??.
I await your suggestion

He icepic I followed this method.
1-1 system 10.6.7 (cambo update) with a legacy kernel 10.6.6, which boot hdd.
2 - after I install directly from the legacy kernel pkg 10.7.
I had 2 partition to clone my test alone.

but I think you can make it shorter.
check but not a base 10.6.6 + update 10.6.7 + cambo pkg installs legacy with 10.7 and improve multibeast.
I use (busratio = 29) in bootplist. I'll see if I removed a y 'impact.
sorry for my English I use google translate

:thumbdown:

without the command busratio = 29.
no boot
so set it in appleboot plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=X86_64 busratio=29 -force64 </string>
for a system x64,

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 busratio=29 </string>.
for x32

Zibarie thank you so much! I can finally boot into 10.6.7 without iboot legacy! Really easy to do too.

I only have one question, whats the difference of kernel 10.7.0 vs 10.7.3?

Thanks once again!

Using the 10.7.0 kernel only results in the machine shutting down rather than doing the infinite boot loop. Still looking for a solution.

if I am correct.
version 10.7.3 is for MacBookPro8, 2 March 2011 sandybridge models.(vanilla kernel)
the other is 10.7 for the old card.
nawcom made ??a Legacy with this kernel 10.7
http://blog.nawcom.com/

There is a difference in kernels that are supplied now:

1) MacBookPro3,1 has Kernel 10.7.0 (with 10.6.7 update)

2) MacBookPro8,2 has Kernel 10.7.3 (with 10.6.7 update)

Still no succes with vanill kernel ?

Did someone tried with MBR instead of GUID ?

Zibarie:

When did you run Multi-Beast? Before or after installing the 10.7 Legacy Kernel?
What options did you choose in Multi-Beast?

For what I could see still nobody here is running vanilla kernel in MSI motherboards...

All right, I got it to boot from my HDD using nawcom's 10.7.0 Legacy kernel, but it's nowhere near as good as the kernel I'm getting with iBoot Legacy.

Steps I took:
- booted with iBoot Legacy
- installed 10.6 from Retail disc
- restarted using iBoot Legacy to boot the newly installed OS
- installed 10.6.7 Combo update
- Ran MultiBeast 3.4 with EasyBeast settings
- installed nawcom's 10.7.0 Legacy kernel using nawcom's installer package
- modified boot.plist to include <string>arch=x86_64 busratio=29 -force64</string>
- restarted using HDD as boot device

The OS started up properly, but the graphics were SLOW, and the clock was running very slow. Ethernet did not function. My processor was recognized as 864 MHz or something like that. I then changed busratio=29 to busratio=32 and restarted. Now the OS was at proper speed, but the mouse was very jumpy and the clock seconds didn't tick at a constant rate. The processor speed was still recognized incorrectly. I tried one more time with busratio=33 (the normal speed for my Core i5 2500K) and got the same results.

So it appears that nawcom's legacy kernel isn't as good as the kernel in iBoot Legacy. Too bad. Why does the Ethernet work in iBoot Legacy, but not in nawcom's legacy kernel?

Thanks,
Ice Piq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back