Radeon RX 570 8 GB (1002:67df)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I build a new hackintosh using these parts:
* Mainboard: MSI MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC
* CPU: Intel i3 9100F (no integrated graphics card)
* RAM: 32 GB, Crucial
* Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Cube Case Mini ITX

Setup
* Clover config
* NO modified DSDT needed
* NO special BIOS settings

What works
* Graphics - fully accelerated, no patches or drivers
* USB - all ports injected
* LAN
* Internal Bluetooth - although headset-microphone causes connection loss, sound output works though
* Standby - even waking up though USB mouse or keyboard.
* Power nap, although with connected Bluetooth device sometimes it crashes.

What does not work?
* Internal WIFI - although there is some hope through the 3 actively developed Intel WiFi kexts

Geekbench
* CPU
* GPU

Notes
* Clover contains 2 ACPI patches to make things work - otherwise the kernel crashed during boot. Besides that all you need is a UniBeast install stick and install straight through.
* Sometimes the GPU fan spins up to full speed for a few seconds - most of the times between the boot screen and the login screen.

Last edited:
mojo2012, I posted this here because yours is the closest to my mb and configuration. can you help?

I actually used the ssdt file in your efi folder with no luck.

I just finished a new build and tried to install Catalina. Installer failed at AppleNVME Assert failed (0!=data). Does this mean that my nvme hard drive is dead or not working? It is being recognized in bios. I never had this error before so maybe someone can help me.

New Build Specs:

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard
i5-9600K Unlocked 9th Gen Processor
32GB Crucial Ballistic Gaming Memory DDR4-3200
Western Digital WD-Black SN750 NVMe 250 GB Gaming MVMe SSD
Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics Card

Bios is up to date according to the MSI website so update was not necessary.

Set Bios as follows:

Load Optimized Defaults
Disabled VT-d
Disabled CFG-Lock
Disabled Secure Boot Mode
Disabled IO Serial Port
Enabled XHCI

No other changes to bios were made.

Attached is my plist with all serial numbers removed. Please help.

Attachments

Hi,

can you upload you zipped EFI folder? I don't think your SSD is dead, it's probably just a kext-related problem. There might be a patch for that, but unfortunately I don't have any experience with NVME SSDs.

Also please make a photo/screenshot of the kernel output during boot (or log it with clover).

Hi, I've just bought a similar motherboard to build a hackintosh. Regarding the BIOS settings, did you enable the XMP mode and also what setting did you use under the Windows OS Configuration - Windows 10 WHQL Support. I've read that Bios setting should be changed to Other OS but that option isnt available on this motherboard. I've also read that Windows 10 WHQL Support should be disabled but again this option isnt available. The only options are UEFI or CSM.

I have not configured anything special, no XMP=No in clover (and also in BIOS). But I configured the UEFI mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back