Code:
0004 0800 0200 0000

Replace:
Code:
0000 0000 0000 0000

On:
Code:
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

But nothing changes, I still have my LVDS. What am I missing?

In order to remove a connector, you would have to modify the connector count (in the header data). Also, you'll need to move the other connector data from the end to the beginning (LVDS is usually first).

How? I can't find these options in AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh

How? I can't find these options in AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh

Just look at the data. You may need to do some googling to understand it all (eg. look at some of bcc9's original posts on the HD3000 kext).

For example, 0xa260006:
Code:
0600 260a [B]0103 0303[/B] 0000 0002 0000 3001

One of those '03' is the number of connectors that follow. If you look at the data for an ig-platform-id that has 4 connectors, you'll notice '04'. You'll have to study to understand.

Okay. If I open IntelAppleFramebufferAzul.sh and select a platformid, is the next framebuffer that I see the current framebuffer that is inside the kext? Or is the default framebuffer of the platformid?

Sent you a PM.

Okay. If I open IntelAppleFramebufferAzul.sh and select a platformid, is the next framebuffer that I see the current framebuffer that is inside the kext? Or is the default framebuffer of the platformid?

The data shown is the data in the kext binary in /S/L/E.

Good morning all,

I've been talking to Rehabman in a thread that originally was about a completely different subject than that we are talking about 7 pages later. So I decided to create a new thread to keep things clean.

I have an MSI GS70 laptop with an Intel Core i7 4710HQ in combination with 16GB of ram, ALC892 audio, GTX 870M 3GB and Intel Graphics HD 4600. I'm aware of the fact that Optimus simply isn't going to work so I have disabled the Nvidia card in my BIOS.

Currently I have a nicely working 10.10.3 Hackintosh but I would love to have a couple of things fixed:
  • My LVDS only shows what looks like 16-bit colors. As I am a graphic designer I need this issue fixed. The 9mb framebuffer patch doesn't change anything.
  • Connecting an HDMI screen works. Connecting a DisplayPort screen works. Connecting an HDMI monitor and a DisplayPort monitor at the same time freezes OSX for about 10 seconds before rebooting. I always work with 2 external monitors and my LVDS for work. (I have 1 HDMI port and 2 DisplayPorts)
  • My audio kind of works with Toleda's ALC892 driver. But hot-plugging doesn't work, only 1 of my 2 internal speakers work, sounds dull (bass seems low) and HDMI audio doesn't work. Similar results are achieved with several other patched AppleHDA's and VoodooHDA's.
  • Sleep doesn't work. Beast goes asleep fine, but never wakes up (locks up, can't even ping the machine after 'wake'. Black screen).

I have extracted and patched my DSDT and SSDT's with Rehabman's guide. I followed Rehabman's guide for power management which works fine. I have also implemented Rehabman's Backlight control fix which also works great.

I would love to see if we can fix these issues. I'm excited about having a powerful mobile hackintosh working, and if we can fix these 4 points I would be forever grateful.

Attached is my Patchmatic output, current Clover config.plist, audio codec dumps from Linux and my IOreg. If anybody needs any more information please let me know.

I would like to sincerely thank Rehabman's effort so far in helping me. It's amazing how much patience, knowledge and heart this man has.

Thanks again and have a nice day,
Bas
how did you disable the gpu??? i have a gs70 with i7-4720HQ and a 970M

can you give me your final zip?

how did you disable the gpu??? i have a gs70 with i7-4720HQ and a 970M

It does not make sense to disable the Nvidia if it is the only graphics device you have (as your profile reads).

Make sure your profile is accurate...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Question, how did you managed to get HDMI Out to work on your laptop? If you disable optimus through BIOS, would the HDMI, Diplayport work too? I Have The MSI GS70 Stealth 002, with GTX765m and I wasnt able to get HDMI working, because the HDMI works with NVIDIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back