Contribute
Register

MSI GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hackintosh has been running great for the past year (almost) BUT lately I'm running into some HD issue's. Better said partition map issues. When checking the drive with disk-util it will give me the “problems were found with the partition map which might prevent booting” error. My NVME SSD is running fine, but this occurs on the 2Tb HD which has multiple partitions.

The only reason I could think of, that would create these kind of issue's, is the that during the shut-down of mac-os, the computer crashes somehow. Is this possible? Is this something that is more common with hackintoshes? And what would be the best way to troubleshoot this?

I'm using my SSD as boot-drive, so no issue's there, But the HD is used for my data which includes my professional projects etc. I am able to repair it using a third-party tool, but I don't know how long this solution will keep working, and I would really love to find the cause of this & fix it asap.

AFAIK, partition tables (=map?) aren't usually updated during the normal operation. Maybe some tool made some mistake during the latest repartitioning.

I know from using HDD in the past that they don't handle poweroutages/crashes pretty well & that they can end up corrupted. I've had that issue years ago with my windows-pc's from time to time, But this is the first time on mac that I came accross this issue. I do notice that from time to time, when shutting down, the computers seems to power off before the HDD has stopped. I can hear a slight buzzing noise of the HDD slowing down rapidly. As I didn't have any problems, I presumed it wasn't bad. (if it's not broken, why fix it?) Thus now I'm thinking this might be the cause, but that can only mean that the system powers off to quickly OR crashed during shutdown .... ?

Can you upload the Clover version of the Capitan system to the same device and want to install the Capitan to it?

I have MSI 63vr 6RF so the skylake version and I've made pascal card to work together with integrated intel
I've installed sierra and nvidia web driver.

I'm able to use hdmi and display port together with build in screen.
what I did I've followed 2 tutorials.

for fixing intel
for enabling nvidia

I was really surprised that it all work as there is opinion that optimus combo will not work.

what is not working is
killer wifi - however I've replaced that with usb dongle
sound - not investigated that yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 14.10.38.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 14.10.38.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 351
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 14.11.11.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 14.11.11.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 362
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 14.16.13.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 14.16.13.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 359
I have MSI 63vr 6RF so the skylake version and I've made pascal card to work together with integrated intel

for fixing intel
for enabling nvidia

I was really surprised that it all work as there is opinion that optimus combo will not work.

what is not working is

Your system is not Optimus (sounds like Nvidia has dedicated HDMI).

Your system is not Optimus (sounds like Nvidia has dedicated HDMI).

According to MSI it is. However when I'm using HDMI or Display Port it always switches to Nvidia and manufacture says that both this sports are hooked directly to Pascal card. Intel only works when I'm using laptop screen.

According to MSI it is. However when I'm using HDMI or Display Port it always switches to Nvidia and manufacture says that both this sports are hooked directly to Pascal card. Intel only works when I'm using laptop screen.

It is not Optimus. If it were Optimus, the laptop display would be switchable, as would the HDMI...

for fixing intel
for enabling nvidia

what is not working is
hello, i have the same, could you please post installation procedure and clover settings? also dsdt, kexts, or whole clover folder please. thanks!!!

hello, i have the same, could you please post installation procedure and clover settings? also dsdt, kexts, or whole clover folder please. thanks!!!

I've followed info in this thread to fix intel and nvidia I've recommend to check videos I've added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back